SOLD: FS: Linn LP12

SOLD

Item: Linn LP12  turntable
Price: $750 
Item Condition: good used
Reason for selling: not being used
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Relist, price reduction

I bought this with a view to using it as the basis of an upgrade project which I never got around to, so time to move it on.

It looks to be an unmolested early model, appearance I think is good. It has a lid but no hinges. Pickup preferable. I can deliver within the Adelaide metro area. Will ship at buyer's expense

Photos: 

LP12-1.jpeg

LP12-3.jpeg

LP12-4.jpeg

LP12-5.jpeg

LP12-2.jpeg

6 hours ago, davids458 said:

Item: Linn LP12  turntable
Price: $750 
Item Condition: good used
Reason for selling: not being used
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Relist, price reduction

bought this with a view to using it as the basis of an upgrade project which I never got around to, so time to move it on.

It looks to be an unmolested early model, appearance I think is good. It has a lid but no hinges. Pickup preferable. I can deliver within the Adelaide metro area. Will ship at buyer's expense

If you do ship it - make sure you:

1. take the outer platter off the inner platter, and
  2. chock up the inner platter from the top-plate (so the end of the spindle is no longer touching the thrust plate at the bottom of the bearing well).

GLWTS.

Andy

9 minutes ago, Audionerd said:

Hi David

I trust you saw my PM 3 hours ago. andyr has given you some good advice and I was going to cover a couple more hints for my purchase.

Cheers

From what I know, you should post here that you sent a PM with an offer.

• Like 1

I did send an offer to purchase which appeared to be accepted about 5 hours ago, although I did ask for confirmation that the Linn had been tested to work ok.

I personally prefer to keep transactions private as a buyer, while it is up to the seller to post that an item is sold or an offer accepted.

When I have not received a response to a PM after some time, I believe it may be sensible to alert the seller in a public post in case he's missed the PM.

Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

1 hour ago, andyr said:

If you do ship it - make sure you:

1. take the outer platter off the inner platter, and
  2. chock up the inner platter from the top-plate (so the end of the spindle is no longer touching the thrust plate at the bottom of the bearing well).

GLWTS.

Andy

For shipping , the inner platter must be removed as well. If you don't have the Linn bearing cap wrap some cling film over the bearing and secure well with tape.