So Im only 15 but Im getting sucked into the DIY hifi and audio stuff. I want to make a medium sized 2.0 stereo system using low end Peerless and Daichi components.

links:

https://www.wagneronline.com.au/daichi-1-titanium-dome-wide-frame/daichi-universal-series/daichi-universal/speaker-drivers/audio-speakers-pa/dt700-6994/3075/pd/

https://www.wagneronline.com.au/peerless-by-tymphany-6-mid-woofer-sds-paper/speaker-drivers/audio-speakers-pa/830657-67560/975521/pd/

Is their any advice for when i eventually make these, components etc.

Im probably going to use 16mm mdf, is that thick enough??

And what size enclosure and port is suitable for these drivers??

I was thinking of making the front baffle around the same dimensions as an A4 piece of paper.

hopefully all good results, with the drivers n all but knowing me lol.

I have made other speakers before, so don't cut short on the geeky side.

DIY freak

IMG_6426[43].JPG

16mm MDF is good enough, have you got a cabinet volume in mind for the woofer, sealed (less bass or doof doof) or ported vs the bass response you want and crossover circuit design? 

Assuming A4 front baffle size it might be equal depth so about 9L internal volume for a 16 cm woofer. There are various free web downloads like WINSD Linear Team woofer from driver database or punch it in to model and calculate speaker box volumes and see what the bass response will look like according to the port diameter and length for a ported design or none for sealed enclosure. To get a nice ported bass response extension of around 40-60 Hz you need to model response with the size and box volume.

To make it easier look for DIY internet speaker designs using these parts or find designs and look for exact tweeter and woofer similar in price to what you are currently looking at.

Also have a read here before proceeding https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/189847-introduction-designing-crossovers-measurement.html

Edited by Al.M

These are small speakers, so mdf will be ok.  Hardwood ply is better for larger speakers.

I agree with the above advice - search for existing enclosure designs using the drivers - other people may have done the hard work for you to get it right (and you might pick up info that helps you learn along the way). 

Good luck with your DIY audio journey - in time you will have the potential to have built and be enjoying an awesome hifi for a fraction of retail. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mashley
      Item Condition: Excellent Condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Potts Point State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, EFT Reason for selling: No longer required - downsizing Further information:

Now surplus to my needs is this pair of Infinity Reference 40 3-way floor standers with the Emit-R tweeters. 
        Finished in black ash they are in excellent condition and have been carefully looked after.    Please see photos for details. There are only a very few marks on the cabinets which were regularly polished.   Included with the sale are 8 fitted SoundCare Super Spikes (http://www.soundcare.no).   These do a great job of minimising sound transmission though the floor.    They currently sell for 590 NOK (approx. $AU90) per set of 4 (on the SoundCare website you will see a link to their online shop).   Note that one of the spikes sits slightly off vertical due to the speakers having got an accidental knock while moving. The spike itself is not bent, just its socket is misaligned..   Specs:   Type: 3 way loudspeaker system   Frequency Response: 44Hz to 40kHz   Recommended Amplifier: 25 to 150W   Crossover Frequency: 300, 4,000Hz   Impedance: 6Ω   Sensitivity: 90dB   Dimensions: These are big and heavy speakers: approx. 268 W x 255 D x 875 H (mm).   They have been used with a 65 Watts per channel Denon PMA 1055R amplifier and sound great.    The twin terminals are fitted jumpers which can be removed to allow for bi-amping, should you wish.   I am the second owner; the previous owner had the woofers and midrange units re-foamed shortly before I bought them.   Pick up from Potts Point. Delivery could be arranged, depending upon your location. Please ask.
        Photos:

• By Masseey
      Hello members,
      Does any have feedback on wharfedale programme 2180 speakers?

Thank you
    • By tortello77
      Item Condition: Recapped in excellent condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Coburg State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information: excellent condition,  recently upgraded crossover, poly caps. Comes with front grilles. Sound amazing, happy to demonstrate on pickup. Reason for sale, upgrading. Cash on pickup from Coburg North.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Lowfi-t3ch
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Camperdown State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: I dont have a home theatre set up, just back into 2 channel Further information:
      Revel Performa C30 centre speaker.
      This is one serious centre speaker in size, sound and weight.  I dont have a home theatre set up anymore so need to part with these. 
      Sadly there is some damage to the back corners of the cabinet from transport. Everything else in great condition. 
      Obviously will does not affect sound and is not visible if the speakers is in a cabinet. No
      No grills or  boxes so pick up a must.

Photos:

• By Isaac Otaiza
      Item Condition: Near new Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Coomera State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT ,Cash Reason for selling: Upgrade to match LCR Further information: 

Like new
      Excellent condition
      Really well looked after .
      Only used as a surround speaker for short time
      Pick up gold coast
      See pics for specs and description

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.