Sign in to follow this  
Gabehcuod

SOLD: FS: Focal Clear + Questyle CMA400i + Questyle stand + 1.2m aurealis 24 gauge litz xlr cable + matching XLR to 2.5m adaptor

Item: Focal Clear + Questyle CMA400i + Questyle stand + 1.2m aurealis 24 gauge litz xlr cable + matching XLR to 2.5m adaptor + 5m audioquest evergreen USB cable.
Price: $2200 AUD + $100 for postage and paypal fees if delivery needed
Item Condition: 9/10 - Pads a tiny bit darker than stock but have been regularly cleaned.
Reason for selling: Introduced to Vintage Stax
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

1. The focal clear was originally purchased 24/05/19 (invoice available at request).
  2. Both drivers were replaced in the focal clear on 19/10/19 due to rattling in the left driver when playing tracks with low frequency content (rma and image of box available at request).
  3. Questyle CMA400i originally purchased 26/08/19 from minidisc (invoice available at request).
  4. Questyle Stand originally purchased 14/10/19 from minidisc (invoice available at request).
  5. Aurealis cable (UPOCC copper Litz 24 awg. Amphenol 3.5 mm TRS at headphone end, Amphenol 4-pin XLR (AX4M) at source end) Originally Purchased 25/10/19
  6. Aurealis xlr adaptor  (UPOCC copper Litz 24 awg with matching amphenol xlr connector) purchased some time after the regular xlr cable. Invoice unavailable.
  7. Audioquest USB cable was purchased soon after the Questyle CMA400i. The Questyle did not come with a stock USB cable.

The focal clears have a nice sound-stage. Not artificially wide like the HD800, but not narrow either. It has a laid back and relaxed sound that you can listen to for hours without being fatigued.

They are quite easy to drive which makes them quite portable, easily runs off a DAP.

The sound is quite spectacular in this pairing. I spent quite some time demo'ing various amplifiers at minidisc before settling with the CMA400i.
It has a very beautiful and emotional sound to it, easily driving the clears with its Current mode tech.

Please note, all three of the stock cables broke with audio missing from one channel. Reading online, this was a very common occurrence and frankly the stock cables were extremely irritating to use in the first place.
New value of this package is $2200 + $1300 + $100 + $355 + $85 + $140 = $4280

Kind Regards,

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20200128_183451.jpg

20200128_184138.jpg

20200128_184251.jpg

20200128_184415.jpg

20200128_184441.jpg

20200128_184651.jpg

20200128_184001.jpg

20200128_184042.jpg

20200128_184052.jpg

20200128_184112.jpg

20200129_174337.jpg

20200129_174308.jpg

This is a sweet setup. I have the Clears and absolutely love them. They provide excellent detail retrieval while being enormously engaging with a wide variety of music. I haven't heard the CMA400i, but Questyle makes amazing gear. (I love my QPR1.) Someone will be very pleased with this package!

Hi, Gabehcuod

would you consider separating and selling the focal clears separately? 
ta, Glen 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mightygrey
      Item Condition: Excellent. 9.75/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Sydney, Eastern Suburbs State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: NLR; moving to solely open-back set-up Further information: 

Hey, thanks for taking a look. I'll probably regret this in a couple of month's time, but I've decided to let my beloved ZMF Eikons move on to somewhere where they're going to get a lot more head-time. 

I'm the first and only owner of these, having bought them directly from ZMF in January 2018. At the time Zach at ZMF had released a limited edition run of "Barnyard" oxidised Cherry Wood Eikon + Atticus, and I knew it was time to jump on a pair having auditioned both at a local Sydney meet. They're a great match with both low-impedance solid state and OTL tube amplifiers, and respond VERY well to parametric EQ. 

I've loved the natural timbre and sweet balance of detail and organic tone, but I'm working from home these days and I'm looking to move to a TOTL open-back headphone - I'll happily consider a trade for a great-condition Sennheiser HD800s or Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000. 

The wood finish looks superb in real life, photographs don't really do it justice - they're in essentially brand-new condition having been absolutely babied and always stored in their case.  

They'll be sold in their original ZMF Pelican waterproof travel-case; 2 x stock cables (3.5mm and 6.3mm) and an upgrade OFC cable (6.3mm). 

Happy to answer any questions, thanks for looking. 

• By hiradi
      Item Condition: used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: St Marys State: Tasmania Payment Method: EFT Paypal Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
       This is one of the original Ortofon cables , blue , SPK 300 , 3.7 meters long with real bananas on each end ...if you need spades , I have some Neotech's here which I could fit....bought this cable recently here on SNA but plans changed ...so bargain here !!!!
      PS
      Have a slightly dearer Organic Audio Speaker Cable and a very good Power Cable also for sale if you want to combine ...!!! Thanks Helmut

• By ETknowsaudio
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: South Yarra State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, PayID Reason for selling: Studio changes (this ad is in a series of my very first posts here at StereoNET. I was drawn to this forum due to its high quality) 

Emotiva BasX A-100 headphone and speaker amplifier in excellent condition. 

Purchased from:  Klapp Audio
      Purchase condition: Brand new
      Usage: Light home studio use
      Warranty: 3 months remaining
      Operation: Fully functional 
      Mods: N/A

Included with sale:
      - BasX A-100 amplifier
      - Power cord
      - Warranty card 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

• By jdh500
      Item Condition: Used but as-new Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: West Ryde 2114 metro Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, PayPal (+3%) Reason for selling: NLR, Upgrade to DAC1 HDR Further information: 

Purchased new from local Sydney HiFi store for $1895, it’s as-new with original box, comprehensive user manual and USB Lead. Selling as I’m using the DAC1 HDR that had a remote option, otherwise pretty much identical.

This unit is solid and well made, manufactured in the USA. It is far more than just a high quality DAC, it can also function as a digital and analogue pre-amp, with an analogue input, with 5 digital inputs, ie. usb, optical and 3x coax. Has both balanced and unbalanced outputs and output can be either fixed or variable for connection direct to a power amp.

The main feature however it was used for is its outstanding 2x headphone inputs, it was used mostly with a set of AKG 701/2 and HD600/650 headphones and are the perfect match.

pickup preferred or alternately I will pack and post registered post with tracking and signature Australia wide for $25.

JDH

link to user manual.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0321/7609/files/DAC1_PRE_Manual_RevJ.pdf?1239

Further information: 

• By MTsoul
      I'm looking to get some good headphones and a headphone amp to connect them to. 

I could just plug headphones into my Yamaha R-N602, however I want to explore and hear the differences in various set-ups. Also my Kefs don't have the bass for a lot of my 90s and 00s music I'm finding. 

Trouble is I have no idea where to begin or what to look for. My local hifi are pointing me at a second hand $450 Musical Fidelity X-Cans headphone amplifier, but I'm not sure if that's the right brand and device to go for. Not to mention, would still need some headphones to go with it. 

Budget is in the $1-2k range.