Sign in to follow this  
Gabehcuod

SOLD: FS: Focal Clear + Questyle CMA400i + Questyle stand + 1.2m aurealis 24 gauge litz xlr cable + matching XLR to 2.5m adaptor

Item: Focal Clear + Questyle CMA400i + Questyle stand + 1.2m aurealis 24 gauge litz xlr cable + matching XLR to 2.5m adaptor + 5m audioquest evergreen USB cable.
Price: $2200 AUD + $100 for postage and paypal fees if delivery needed
Item Condition: 9/10 - Pads a tiny bit darker than stock but have been regularly cleaned.
Reason for selling: Introduced to Vintage Stax
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

1. The focal clear was originally purchased 24/05/19 (invoice available at request).
  2. Both drivers were replaced in the focal clear on 19/10/19 due to rattling in the left driver when playing tracks with low frequency content (rma and image of box available at request).
  3. Questyle CMA400i originally purchased 26/08/19 from minidisc (invoice available at request).
  4. Questyle Stand originally purchased 14/10/19 from minidisc (invoice available at request).
  5. Aurealis cable (UPOCC copper Litz 24 awg. Amphenol 3.5 mm TRS at headphone end, Amphenol 4-pin XLR (AX4M) at source end) Originally Purchased 25/10/19
  6. Aurealis xlr adaptor  (UPOCC copper Litz 24 awg with matching amphenol xlr connector) purchased some time after the regular xlr cable. Invoice unavailable.
  7. Audioquest USB cable was purchased soon after the Questyle CMA400i. The Questyle did not come with a stock USB cable.

The focal clears have a nice sound-stage. Not artificially wide like the HD800, but not narrow either. It has a laid back and relaxed sound that you can listen to for hours without being fatigued.

They are quite easy to drive which makes them quite portable, easily runs off a DAP.

The sound is quite spectacular in this pairing. I spent quite some time demo'ing various amplifiers at minidisc before settling with the CMA400i.
It has a very beautiful and emotional sound to it, easily driving the clears with its Current mode tech.

Please note, all three of the stock cables broke with audio missing from one channel. Reading online, this was a very common occurrence and frankly the stock cables were extremely irritating to use in the first place.
New value of this package is $2200 + $1300 + $100 + $355 + $85 + $140 = $4280

Kind Regards,

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20200128_183451.jpg

20200128_184138.jpg

20200128_184251.jpg

20200128_184415.jpg

20200128_184441.jpg

20200128_184651.jpg

20200128_184001.jpg

20200128_184042.jpg

20200128_184052.jpg

20200128_184112.jpg

20200129_174337.jpg

20200129_174308.jpg

This is a sweet setup. I have the Clears and absolutely love them. They provide excellent detail retrieval while being enormously engaging with a wide variety of music. I haven't heard the CMA400i, but Questyle makes amazing gear. (I love my QPR1.) Someone will be very pleased with this package!

Hi, Gabehcuod

would you consider separating and selling the focal clears separately? 
ta, Glen