welcome Ian, i am also ex-Ballarat, have finally bought a valve amp, vinyl is my primary passion, many members who shre our path, enjoy the site

Hi Cheow!

I'm in Nanjing right now on Chinese New Year break.  If there are no travel restrictions imposed due to coronavirus epidemic I'll go back to Hong Kong at the start of February.  Meanwhile I'm listening to records and making coffee.

55 minutes ago, wen said:

welcome Ian, i am also ex-Ballarat, have finally bought a valve amp, vinyl is my primary passion, many members who shre our path, enjoy the site

Thanks for the welcome, Wen!  Hope you are enjoying your valve amp.  I'm listening to a Yaqin 100B which my technician friend in Shenzhen modded for me.

@Ian from Hong Kong hi Ian, i'm using an Elekit TU-8200, a kit amp from Japan which was built for me by the importer, i thought this would be an introduction to valves but i think that this is the end game amp for me

I have the Elekit TU-8500 valve preamp. Very nice gear.

• 9 months later...

My name is Laszlo. I've just ordered the Elekit TU8500 preamp as a kit. As soon as I'm ready with it, will order the TU8600 tuba poweramp with 300B tubes. Again as a kit. 

On 28/01/2020 at 9:37 AM, Ian from Hong Kong said:

Are you using the stock 12au7 tubes or have you tried others?  There are a lot of choices out there.

Still have the stock valves in, but I have some others to try.