Coloured Vinyl Currently Spinning

Hi All,

Icehouse, Man Of Colours Rerelease of Tricolour vinyl, which seems to sound good, there is no definitive problem when going between colours as there is about a one centimetre mash of colour eg: where the red and yellow meet it is orange, where the yellow and blue meet it is green, where the blue and red meet it is purple.

1555680073_IcehouseManOfColours.jpg.43f2b82d4ed6f53f174baead904b190a.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 7

This wax decidedly suits the album cover and the lounge music impressed upon it, particularly some of the space lounge music.  Certainly not the last word in sq or in artistic output (prefer his spaghetti westerns themes, the available suite is shown) but will be satisfied with the fact that as a package it reflects a particular style, feel, look and sound at a particular point in history. 

Ennio Morricone, (Themes) Lounge

image.jpg

8DA05CF4-C5D6-48D2-8196-38C256DFA17F.jpeg

• Like 5

Rainy arvo in Darwin today, perfect for relaxing with some chilled out male vocals from this fellah. Good sq, a very present intimate feel and lovely coloured lustrous gold vinyl

Iron and Wine, Archive Series Volume 4

18973F23-B949-4E28-8185-F2F5773A7BE4.jpeg

D15A649B-29C0-4282-9DC1-B208F38D1793.jpeg

• Like 5

Rainy day in Darwin perfect for record shopping at Air Raid Records and taking advantage of their new addition to bring up beautifully this record. Plays really well. 

REM, The Best of REM In Time 1988 - 2003

F45E8B82-77AD-4465-8B97-4AE7BF628E2F.jpeg

F50EFABA-CA34-4617-B8D0-1E8C52C06351.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

SOPHIE - Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides

Since his/her passing a couple of weeks ago, vinyl prices have gone through the roof. Bought this last year but irrespective of price, not going to part with it.

Fav track: Is It Cold In The Water?

RH109621.thumb.jpg.cf3a3cb1b18a982faec458185daf668a.jpg

RH109623.thumb.jpg.193172fcb282755c6f1bd50960f1ae76.jpg

• Like 4

This record was played to me on a system of significantly more value than mine - i was intrigued and bought the album myself.

Does it still sound good at home?  Tick.

Anna Calvi - Live at Meltdown

Really hard to pin down a genre on this one, so I decided to do some Googling - Art Rock appears and that seems appropriate - it's almost a hybrid of orchestral as well.  What I find captivating is Anna's voice - almost Opera-like, sometimes reminding me of London Grammar.  Interesting use of guitars and very convincing bass drums littered throughout this twin LP album.  

Very good live recording - slight surface noise which is only noticeable in quieter parts of the album - there are a few of these moments.  It's not enough to detract me from thoroughly enjoying the music though.

IMG_2013.thumb.JPG.442675873dc89ad23a13385243bf92fa.JPG

Edited by qik_shift
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, qik_shift said:

This record was played to me on a system of significantly more value than mine - i was intrigued and bought the album myself.

Does it sound good at home?  Tick.

Anna Calvi - Live at Meltdown

Really hard to pin down a genre on this one, so I decided to do some Googling - Art Rock appears and that seems appropriate - it's almost a hybrid of orchestral as well.  What I find captivating is Anna's voice - almost Opera-like, sometimes reminding me of London Grammar.  Interesting use of guitars and very convincing bass drums littered throughout this twin LP album.  

Very good live recording - slight surface noise which is only noticeable in quieter parts of the album - there are a few of these moments.  It's not enough to detract me from thoroughly enjoying the music though.

Get her studio LPs next - she's a fantastic guitar player and songwriter.

• Like 2