Coloured Vinyl Currently Spinning

9 hours ago, candyflip said:

You know this was gonna get a big ? from me.  ;)

Yep, I had to play it after reading your post on the cd/vinyl topic that april started. I was surprised that you have alot of noise from yours as mine is deadly quite. Maybe it's my new cart as I have found that records that had noise before are now either alot quieter or silent. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sceeta said:

Yep, I had to play it after reading your post on the cd/vinyl topic that april started. I was surprised that you have alot of noise from yours as mine is deadly quite. Maybe it's my new cart as I have found that records that had noise before are now either alot quieter or silent. 

I would say definitely your new cart.  ?

I'm doing a series on YoutTube lately, spinning lots of my favourite vinyl.

I recorded this one during the week for a future video, so I've been listening to it very intently through headphones, and post-processing the uncompressed WAV's at high volume, and I can tell you it's easily the noisiest thing I've had to edit in months. Compared to the CD file, it's clearly worse.

But that shouldn't surprise anyone who owns coloured vinyl from their small label Club AC30, whom I love dearly, but produce some very low SQ output unfortunately.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another album in which the vinyl colour goes with the album name (and one of the songs).  Not very manly but my wife and kids gave it to me and it is a fantastic soundtrack with great artists.  Good SQ:

1169F534-1062-4540-B5F9-E729F47281A9.thumb.jpeg.dc6b0c6d951593dc6a2a292ec9b6fcde.jpeg

AEACB42E-B185-4922-908D-DE5EE07C919E.jpeg

• Like 5

I’ve found my thread! ?

I got a fright though, reading about (possible) poor quality audio on colored vinyl, because it’s almost the only type I buy. I like the pretty colors lol. I didn’t know it may be at the expense of SQ.

Last one I played...

Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Descension

EAD310D0-0568-4946-89E0-89D54F3DE31E.png

Edited by Esoterica
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I am a recent convert to this band, my wife really likes them as well. Australian blues with some soul.  This is a live album of very very good sonic quality and great songs and atmosphere. Highly recommended

The Tesky Brothers, Live at the Forum

Thanks @Air Raid Records

BFBC7C53-CB13-46FB-8462-AC2523CD0920.jpeg

Edited by KRSDarwin
  • Like 4

@April Snow many thanks for correcting my stuff up a few weeks ago in purchasing a shortened reissue and terrible pressing of 1999.  Today I replaced it with your recommendation with far superior sq and more tracks and coloured vinyl to boot! thanks.

Prince, 1999

10324332-AC52-4D26-9D27-90A2AC87F663.jpeg

• Like 3