Coloured Vinyl Currently Spinning

Inspired by the Vinyl/Records Currently Spinning thread, the great looking coloured vinyl on other threads and the conversation on the sonic quality of coloured vinyl, how about posts of coloured vinyl (and for this purpose black is not a colour)? I will kick it off with the great album and stunning blue of:

The Blues Brothers

Very good sq on this album

CB75BF5C-BA37-41D0-87FD-5A0C91E8C63D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, KRSDarwin said:

The Blues Brothers

Very good sq on this album

AND it's a Friday Music release, which gets quite a bit of flack (I think unfairly) for their apparently rum mastering jobs. The proof that Kevin Gray and occasionally Joe Reagoso know what their doing is in the pudding: Meatloaf's 'Bat Out of Hell' for example, is the best that title has ever sounded on vinyl, and quite possibly on any format.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, candyflip said:

AND it's a Friday Music release, which gets quite a bit of flack (I think unfairly) for their apparently rum mastering jobs. The proof that Kevin Gray and occasionally Joe Reagoso know what their doing is in the pudding: Meatloaf's 'Bat Out of Hell' for example, is the best that title has ever sounded on vinyl, and quite possibly on any format.

Kevin Gray is top shelf for me but the difficulty is finding out if he actually did any particular Friday release or if they like to wave his name around because he did a few for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eman said:

Kevin Gray is top shelf for me but the difficulty is finding out if he actually did any particular Friday release or if they like to wave his name around because he did a few for them.

Yes exactly.

Regardless, those Blues Bros and Meatloaf titles are gold.  ? 

Oh, and when you're back on your feet mate and ready to spin vinyl, please hit me up?

I've got plenty of free wax for you.  ?

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyflip said:

Yes exactly.

Regardless, those Blues Bros and Meatloaf titles are gold.  ? 

Oh, and when you're back on your feet mate and ready to spin vinyl, please hit me up?

I've got plenty of free wax for you.  ?

Very  generous thank you.

Yes the blue Blues Bros looks  choice.

Meatloaf is toxic to me.

I'll note your name in my little book of everything. The details !!

Easy to see how ppl 'fall through the cracks'.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, candyflip said:

bracewhite.jpg.c8e5f6ecade09445beba286d1ad15a81.jpg

Very under-rated album, and now, a very under-rated band who's output seems to no longer be cool.

A pity, as there are some really good songs here and I enjoy this one often.

I actually went to see a band that were supporting Birds of Tokyo a long time ago and was kinda annoyed I had to pay for Birds of Tokyo too. I knew of Birds but seeing them live really won me over. Their Broken Strings album is amazing

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi All,

Earlier today played Dream Theater, Once In A Live Time, no problems with it, quiet, haven't had any problems with any of the coloured LPs I have purchased, bar one which was warped, so returned it, but that happens with any colour, including the light absorbent coloured LPs. 

570899891_DreamTheater.jpg.3f2c6d0a8bbe9a2aca92520e7cb6780b.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TerryO said:

Does this count? ... it has many colours and it sounds bloody good to me ... ?

Reckon that counts. This picture vinyl also has good sq and (IMO) great singing and songs, one of my favourite albums

George Ezra, Wanted on Voyage

06D34241-B860-4BBF-8BB5-A1D00C730F09.jpeg

• Like 3

Previous happy snap was side two of Let’s Dance. This is side one and is even more impressive to look at, though watching it go round and round can make you feel giddy pretty quickly. .... ?

DB59EB89-B020-4AEA-B5A0-50E845C9EA19.jpeg

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi All,

CCR, The '69 Hits, 10" white vinyl RSD 2014.

CCR.jpg.1e2da2d92d99b2bc04b96aaca72be541.jpg

Tracklist
A1    Proud Mary    
A2    Born On The Bayou    
A3    Bad Moon Rising    
A4    Lodi    
B1    Green River    
B2    Commotion    
B3    Down On The Corner    
B4    Fortunate Son

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 4

Continuing with the same early morning theme, some relaxed jazz from Finland with a similar design aesthetic and some lovely coloured vibrant red vinyl with very good sq. 

The Esko Linnavalli Sextet, Finnish Design

E6DAB2F5-CD82-48FD-A952-93D7F1507C48.jpeg

9E5BC2E2-935F-43EB-AFEB-C4674AB8A6E7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1