CDs outsold vinyl 5 to 1 in the UK in 2019

29 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Cd sales dropped 24% with a bullet!!

The less the demand for CD's the better IMO as I can get s/hand CD's  for about $1 each. Second hand vinyl is still expensive and new is just ridiculous. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jumbuck said:

The less the demand for CD's the better IMO as I can get s/hand CD's  for about $1 each. Second hand vinyl is still expensive and new is just ridiculous. 

Yes,  record companies are creating too higher cost,  which will cost vinyl in the long run. 

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'
1 hour ago, Jumbuck said:

Only problem is the longer demand is less the ones on the used market are going to dry up.

28 minutes ago, fodderstomf said:

I'm starting to wonder if the vinyl  revival is just a play by record labels

I'm shocked that you could think so badly of the record labels :laugh:

For those that are true vinyl fans then the revival is great. But for someone to buy a record and play it on a $100 turntable/speaker all-in-one  it is just a marketing/fad thing that the record companies are making the most of while it lasts. $50 for a new release on vinyl is a joke imo. 

Edited by Jumbuck
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jumbuck said:

I'm shocked that you could think so badly of the recorder label :laugh:

$50 a new release on vinyl is a joke imo. 

It really is  I would have hoped with the boom they may have come down but they are getting more expensive ....

The new interest has been great in other ways I will admit

So many more stores are stocking vinyl and

more companies are making turntables etc 

It's just odd that every week you read a news article about how many records have been sold and how no one buys CDs  anymore when that is just not true 

Edited by fodderstomf

the whole vinyl thing has gotten out of hand,i am glad I got off that very expensive bandwagon a few years ago,been into it for 50years spent a small fortune on vinyl and turntables cartridges acc etc too many to mention,these days it is cds or streaming and have no complaints about sound quality with either.

• Like 1