Sign in to follow this  
Pradeep

Dueland 16GA Speaker Cable

Hi Mates

Greetings..

My speakers are Tannoy Turnberry GR (93 dB ).  I wish to buy a pair of good quality speaker cable for this speakers.

Heard good enough about Dueland 16GA.  Also Mogami 3103 or 2804.  I would highly appreciate your valuable suggestions and thoughts.  ThanQ.

Kind regards

Pradeep

Guest Muon N'

The tin plated Duelund wire is very natural in tonality and real sounding, no idea about the Mogami as I have always seen Van Damme as a better alternative if going for pro stuff.

If you are not pushing high current into those speakers then 16awg should be fine.

If looking at terminated cables, Geoff at Aurealis Audio makes nice ones if you are after the Duelund ones.

https://www.aurealisaudio.com.au/duelund-speaker-cables/

Edited by Muon N'
typo

Geoff will check both of your amp and speaker spec to give you a detailed suggestion.  Even possible for demo cable to use at home. So risk free, trust your ear.  

Guest Muon N'
1 minute ago, TDX said:

Geoff will check both of your amp and speaker spec to give you a detailed suggestion.  Even possible for demo cable to use at home. So risk free, trust your ear.  

He is very good on the service side of things and will offer good honest advice.

But looks like Pradeep is located in Kuwait, so maybe a loaner pair could be questionable logistically :)

Thanks Muon N and TDX.  Usefull suggestions.

My Amp is Accuphase E-470 Integrated, 180 watts per channel and Speakers are Tannoy Turnberry GR.

I am located in Kuwait and therefore home demo will not work :)  Going  through the spec of both will be OK.

Kind regards

Pradeep

Good morning Pradeep , I'm using 12 gauge Dueland cables with some Tannoy Ardens and high power monoblocks , the Duelands are a neutral sounding cable in my system and while both open & articulate they are not excessively sparkly nor unrealistically airy.

Hi Agentorange,

Thx for sharing your exp.

Seems Duelund 12 is better. I love airy sound but realistic.  How is the tonality while comparing with 18 guage.. Found enough fans for 18 :) 

Rgds

Hi Pradeep , I went straight for the 12 gauge due to the amps ( power/current ) and have no feedback to offer comparing the 16 gauge , not sure if an 18 gauge is even available as I believe the manufacturer goes from 16 gauge straight to 20 gauge ?

Hi Agentorange,

Yes you are right. 18 was a typing error instead of 16, sorry. Well.

Just now I have placed an order to Geoff for 12GA Duelund, as my amp Accuphase is high current. 

I am hopefully  waiting to reach here as I strongly believe that my 93db Tannoys will give nice sounding thru 12GA 

kind regards

pradeep

I find Van Damme LC-OFC better than Mogami,  and the Duelund better in turn than the Van Damme. I prefer Duelund wire for speakers whereas for RCA leads it's either silver Litz for tonearm IC's, and a combination of Litz copper or Neotech UPOCC everywhere else. The Neotech gives a bit more mid bass emphasis where needed and the Litz copper is more even handed top to bottom with a great weight to the sound.

Litz Silver for the tonearm interconnects gives incredible transparency and sound stage.  It's possible the only reason I like it is that I'm running Hashimoto HM-7 SUT with Litz copper beteen the SUT and phono stage. Adds more weight / body to the sound.

EDIT: I should add that for speaker wire I find both the Van Damme LC-OFC and Duelund excellent, however the Duelund is a little more natural with superior layering of sounds. Very natural.

Edited by MattyW

Hi Matty

thanks for your informative text.

3 days back my Duelund 12GA speaker cable arrived and I fixed on the same day. Overall very very good in sounding. More Refined, clarity, sound stage and all very good. only thing I noticed is lacking bass, not up to the level. May be it’s because of my Tannoy Turnberry spacing, or cable need to burn.. I hope it will come up.. any thoughts

kind regards

pradeep

Edited by Pradeep

I've never noticed any shortage of bass.... Maybe give it a few weeks to burn in?

I think so :) need to burn in.  
Also I will do speaker placement in some other way. Ofcourse 12GA should bring good bass.

I use Duelund 12g on my bass driver and silver foil 2.0 everywhere else and it’s fantastic cable.