surprised no thread on joker ? 

out on uhd blu-ray and i caught it on that, local bought

409234-Product-0-I-637139272700000000_10

a very interesting movie.... gee.... quite unusual... certainly no batman film :D set in gotham city....

I am not sure i want to say too much about this film at all to be honest incase gives anything.... literally anything away about the film ! 

there are somethings to say though the acting is superb.... the way the movie is done its hard to know what is real or (unreal) at times... and also has you second guessing...there are elements that reminded me of the film "falling down"

photography is something superb...what creates the atmosphere of the film...

and the audio track is similarly very apt... some excellent song music choices .... songs like Smile - jimmy durante, thats life - sinatra and white room come to mind....sound amazing. 

this movie was an absolute STUNNER way came up on the projector ...checking the imdb technical specs for the movie it lists Arri alexas used to film and 6.5k source material with a 4K digitals intermediate... so the film has all it has to render very well for uhd and it sure does... some screen shots below,

0I9A8009.jpeg

0I9A8011.jpeg

0I9A8015.jpeg

0I9A8017.jpeg

• Like 7

Joker was the best film I have seen at the Cinema over the last year, and I fully expect it to get best picture and actor in respective categories at the upcoming Academy Awards.

I also loved the cinematography

I have the Blu-Ray, haven't watched it yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, evil c said:

Might have to buy it now ,al - was gonna wait till the price dropped a tad first! ?

Pic quality looks superb however,  so looks like a good investment! ?

seems to be ~$25 around the traps for the UHD  @evil c :) well worth the outlay for the experience :) 

• Like 1

It took me two attempts... the first I was not in the mood for dark and uncomfortable.  The second was mid morning and I was up for it.

I only knew that Jaoquin was in it and Joker is a Batman character, I had no expectations.

The realism and mental illness meant I had to prepare myself a little before watching.  It was too much the first time around, I wasn't ready for it.

I think it's about time the Superhero movie experience focused more on story than effects.  Ironically, I am more comfortable watching the exaggerated violence of CGI, than the realistic portrayal of mental illness and violence.

But I would rather watch a great movie rather than great visuals. 

I can't wait to watch it again and pick up on anything I missed.

A great movie.

19 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

It took me two attempts... the first I was not in the mood for dark and uncomfortable.  The second was mid morning and I was up for it.

hehe was mid morning for me too...somehow ended up wiht house to myself...definitely not a family movie :D 

19 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I only knew that Jaoquin was in it and Joker is a Batman character, I had no expectations.

yep didnt know much about it and was no expectations here either ... how I like to go into most movies...and as per @figjam oh boy :D 

22 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

The realism and mental illness meant I had to prepare myself a little before watching.  It was too much the first time around, I wasn't ready for it.

I think it's about time the Superhero movie experience focused more on story than effects.  Ironically, I am more comfortable watching the exaggerated violence of CGI, than the realistic portrayal of mental illness and violence.

But I would rather watch a great movie rather than great visuals. 

indeed nothing like it i can recall ever seeing ! really quite off beaten track and certainly for a DC marvel movie... gosh what a departure from your average super hero flick !

25 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I can't wait to watch it again and pick up on anything I missed.

A great movie.

its an interesting thought, yes I think i will go back but perhaps in time ... let sink in hehe. agree a great movie !

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7286456/awards

and gosh look at the nominations its up for in the oscars.... be curious how fares there ....

• Like 1

I loved this.  I'm a big Phoenix fan, so couldn't wait for it's release.  His portrayal was fantastic...but...not to the heights of Ledger.  I much prefer the "madman" character as opposed to the old school cartoon style.

The cinematography was superb, just some majestic moments on screen, it was wonderful to watch.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sime said:

Imo, this was a more evil version of the Joker. I like this version better. 

I honestly found Heath to be the more evil version, particularly given it’s set further down the track where he’s not showing any positive emotions to any human being.

I mainly made up my mind from my perception of both performances, and felt Phoenix over acted at times, particularly  when being interviewed by De Niro.  I didn’t believe that scene.

All that said, I loved the movie and think Phoenix did a superb job.  He’s been a long time favourite of mine.  I mean, anyone that can pull of believability of falling in love with a computer OS (Her), is brilliant.  He didn’t disappoint with Joker, just not taking the mantle for best of all time, is all.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just watched this last night. 

All the reviews have got it right - such a clean image from start to end. We shouldn’t expect anything less than this for all new films.

Audio’s brilliant too. There’s no real need for Atmos for this kind of movie but its mostly subtle use complimented the rest of the soundtrack nicely. 

Great release.

• Like 1