LostIdentity

120" Motorized Projector

Hey Folks!!!

Any particular recommendation for these? Got some great recommendations for grey screen and other things to look but not sure about all the gain stuff etc. Any pointers what spec should I look out for? Mixed room but curtains will be blackout and drawn... Might still have some residual light from sliding door. that was another question (have sliding door glass or just normal wood)

Had my eyes currently set on GrandView GRIP120H but lemme know!!!

Cheers

whats the boarder.. no good if its reflective at all. i have a 92" grandview pull down screen that is just average imo.

56 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

whats the boarder.. no good if its reflective at all

Sorry what do you mean by that? 

the black boarder.. around the white screen. on a fixed screen these are velvet on a pull down/motorised who knows. mine is painted on.

I went with a 125” 2.37 Screen Technics - Electricenima Side Tension Screen, however I cannot give you any feedback as when I ordered the unit back in November it was for all the externals to be in Black, but the unit received was all White. So it’s now back with the reseller and hopefully Screen Technics to fix (preferably not with a can of spray paint from Bunnings). 

That said, Screen Technics has a good reputation in the market and should be considered.

Edited by audiohippo

Thanks.. Yeah similar names are coming up.. just need to distinct between them

Grandview Motorised

Screenview ViewMaster Pro Entry Level Motorised Screen

Screenview ElectriCinema Premium Motorised Screen

Elite Screens Motorised

I went with a ElectriCinema motorised 120" Screen Technics with custom leader up top. I've used it for 7 years i think now maybe more and it still going strong. 

I didn't get the (tab) side-tensioned version, wouldn't mind seeing long term reviews on that. The price was closing in on the cost of my projector so struggled to justify it

Powder coated white blends in well to living room when retracted.

Edited by roh008

3 hours ago, roh008 said:

I went with a ElectriCinema motorised 120" Screen Technics with custom leader up top. I've used it for 7 years i think now maybe more and it still going strong. 

I didn't get the (tab) side-tensioned version, wouldn't mind seeing long term reviews on that. The price was closing in on the cost of my projector so struggled to justify it

Powder coated white blends in well to living room when retracted.

Had my tab tensioned 120 Screen technics for about 4years now. used 3-4times a week. Perfect since day one

On 26/01/2020 at 2:04 PM, Johnny_Boy said:

Had my tab tensioned 120 Screen technics for about 4years now. used 3-4times a week. Perfect since day one

I think if OP is buying now get this one, hindsight tells me it's worth the extra $500 or so on top of the normal version. 

Not that my one is wrinkled, I think the side-tensioned one would be that little bit better and should out last the projector.