Sign in to follow this  
Hifigoose

Sad day for Melbourne - farewell Polyester Records

On 23 January 2020 at 6:17 PM, metal beat said:

As much as I love vinyl, this is pretty spot on.   The record companies are not helping by making records some niche expensive format. 

Polyester’s closure might come as a surprise in the wake of predictions vinyl will outsell CDs for the first time since 1986, but Mr Karis believes the vinyl revival has peaked.

"I hate to sound catastrophising but you’d be lying if you said it hadn’t peaked," he said.

"The idea that it [vinyl] came back was pretty reliant on it being appealing to a couple of new generations, but I don’t know if that's just going to keep happening to new generations."

Streaming is now KING, like it or not.

totally on the pricing, , it's just b/s anywhere between 30-60 bucks for a record and more for doubles when you can get the same thing on cd for $20-$30 is rubbish and deters you from " taking a punt" on a album/record. This is at brick and mortor shops, yes you might be able to get them cheaper online, but after a few damaged covers/warped records  I gave up on that idea.