What is this wire connector called?

Spider27

I got old 2 pin electrical wire that is terminated with this connector and not sure what this is called. Can anyone help me to find out the name of this connector by any chance? 

I searched on internet but could not find out the name so purchase new ones (male & female set). 

Thank you very much in advance..

IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG

3 hours ago, sakabatou said:

Looks a lot like a molex connector

Molex or Utilux.

These are company names that do or used to make them.

Search for those names and you will see hundreds of different types and variants.

• Like 1

I took it to JayCar this afternoon and the sales person told me that they do not carry exact same type in any of their stores and suggested me to cut them off and put other type of Molex connectors instead since there are literally hundred different types of connectors and hard to find exact same one.  Not a bad idea at all.  Alternatively, just solder the connecting area and forego connectors after all.

I am not sure why there are so many different types of connectors which just confuse people and it would been much better to have just few universal one to use instead.

2 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

I took it to JayCar this afternoon

You need to go to a professional vendor that supplies to industry. They too will not have all of the connectors ever made, but will have fat catalogues in which you can find them.

5 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

I am not sure why there are so many different types of connectors which just confuse people and it would been much better to have just few universal one to use instead.

Precisely for the reason, so it is hard for you to do anything yourself.

Manufacturers protect their distributors and dealers so that non-aligned repairers face difficulties in sourcing spare parts even as simple as connectors.

Another reason is the built in obsolescence. Once the production run is finished, there is no way to source them anywhere and you have to buy a new item.

Unless of course the item is very popular and of poor quality, like iPhones which notoriously crack their screens even if someone in their vicinity coughs a bit louder, never mind drops one. Then the whole aftermarket springs into action making cheaper alternatives. To fight it, Apple changes everything including connectors every second model to the annoyance of their loyal customers.

This screen breaking is not an incompetence on part of them but planned and carefully executed policy for they charge $400 for exchange phones.

Which then are sent to Asia and for $30 reconditioned to be sold again for $600.

With cable mounted connectors as Jaycar people have pointed out, there is a way around it, but with more complex parts very often there is not.

• Like 1