Hi.Yet another Noob seeking some advice.

Luc

Hi Luc,

Are you interested in glueing 2 pieces of wood together and soldering a few wires?

I think the PMC's and Spendors are very nice but are 2 ways but wont do the job as well as the krix in a big room.

You need lots of drivers or very good quality studio drivers in a room that big.

In your price range you could get this kit :

http://www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/prestige-2-p.asp

Great Scanspeak tweeter.

Awesome atc mid 16 ohm(magnet big enought to drive a semitrailer up a mountain)

12 inch Volt bass driver, simply superb for your auditorium (room)

For about $4k here and put together and I think would be the perfect speaker for your room.$3k kit .$1k freight and veneer. Ask em to ship in different lots under $1000 or 640 pounds UK.Even if this costs hundreds more it avoids GST ,Import duties,custom clearing fees,airport tax etc etc if they ship it on a small pallet for a bit cheaper.. Smaller parcels with fed ex are better.TRUST ME I DID IT THE HARD WAY.

The drivers are absolutely awesome for you needs and if you look at the PMC web site you may see some similarities with their very very expensive models.

Yes I have built an older model of this kit (same mid driver) and It is still in use and still awesome!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks shovel for the idea but I'm all thumbs mate, can't put together an Ikea cabinet let alone something like that but I will have a look at the link thanks.

G'day Luc, I'm still on system 1, but still on the 'good' side of middle aged as well! I have an 11 year old pair of these -

http://www.vaf.com.au/detail.asp?audio=dc&grunt=s200r26724 , they can go loud and have decent bass, are very sensitive and apparently the newer version is a bit more refined than mine.These speakers have been a real workhorse for me. Don't forget all the 2nd hand goodies in the classifieds on this site. Good luck and have fun!!

luc

summarise what uve said here

give room dimensions

explain what u want

what genres u listen too

the dollars available

decide on new v used

give location ask if anyone close 2 u has a system u could listen too this begins the in and out process

Thanks djb. Yes I'm getting to all those things you've listed. Lifes just a bit busy at the moment(being self employed) to spend enough time on the research but I'll get round to starting a thread on all of this .

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol.MusicinaJag. The kids are big now but they're still at home:( but instead of Dad constantly sticking his hand in the wallet for them, he's sticking his signature to a large withdrawal for stereo funds (large for him anyway) and I'm learning as we speak about this equipment bug everyone has. I haven't even purchased anything yet and I'm already planning the next upgrade....:)

• 1 month later...

I have always gone to Sydney for that sort of thing ,sorry.

I have a few books of freight tickets if you want me to ship to some one like zaphod (SNA Member) in Sydney, no charge.

If you do my office is in town , pack it up , drop it off and I will call the fastway courier.

Its no problem. PM me if you want and I will give you my work address.