WITHDRAWN: FS: AYON S10 MKII Streamer DAC

Item: Ayon S10 mk2 DAC/Stremaer
Price: $7600   RRP $11500
Item Condition: 6 months old
Reason for selling: Upgrading to Signature
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: A world class DAC and streamer. Suprisingly works seamlessly with all remote controls including IPhone IPad and android. It basically behaves like and old good CD player in terms of remote functions, plus more. Very fast navigation through the interface makes a joy to use it ? It has 2x 6H30 output tubes and audiophile caps. I wish I have bought the signature version at the first place, if I had money. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_1059.jpeg

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This model also has volume control so it can be the heart of your system as a pre.

After owning the Sigma dac, I was smitten and now own the Stratos dac and the Auris II balanced version pre, Ayon products are utterly gorgeous. The volume control on these bad boys is analogue so you don't get the strange harshness that other dacs with volume control can impart as the volume goes up. The addition of the Auris pre didn't make a massive difference SQ wise to using the volume control on the Stratos. Just helped my OCD is all :D 

So for under 8k you can have a top end pre, dac and streamer here and all upgradeable by Ayon if the urge so takes you. My taste has me swapping out the Sovtek for Reflectors but that's just me, the buyer might prefer Sovtek, both sound beautiful.

Might some sellers remorse here methinks. GLWTS.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

This model also has volume control so it can be the heart of your system as a pre.

After owning the Sigma dac, I was smitten and now own the Stratos dac and the Auris II balanced version pre, Ayon products are utterly gorgeous. The volume control on these bad boys is analogue so you don't get the strange harshness that other dacs with volume control can impart as the volume goes up. The addition of the Auris pre didn't make a massive difference SQ wise to using the volume control on the Stratos. Just helped my OCD is all :D 

So for under 8k you can have a top end pre, dac and streamer here and all upgradeable by Ayon if the urge so takes you. My taste has me swapping out the Sovtek for Reflectors but that's just me, the buyer might prefer Sovtek, both sound beautiful.

Might some sellers remorse here methinks. GLWTS.

It’s a good way to think about it and justify price.  I’m still on lookout for the right streamer.  If I think about the setup I have and add a streamer:

- preamp at about rrp $3k

- proposed streamer at maybe $1.5k

- Dac at about $2k

It adds up quick - tempting to move to one box like this....hmmmm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaynin said:

Are you running the NAD M51 as a DAC and bypassing the DAC stage in the Ayon? 

Or is the M51 acting as a stand for the Ayon?

No, The NAD51 is exclusively for TV fetch and Netfix. It has HDMI inputs output.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

That would be like putting a clapped out Hyundai Excel motor in a Top Fueller. hahaaa!!

Yeah I know Dazz.  The M51 is a very well respected DAC, I was just teeing it up for him to hit it out of the park...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

It’s a good way to think about it and justify price.  I’m still on lookout for the right streamer.  If I think about the setup I have and add a streamer:

- preamp at about rrp $3k

- proposed streamer at maybe $1.5k

- Dac at about $2k

It adds up quick - tempting to move to one box like this....hmmmm.

I know it is a massive generalisation but I think that the 2k dac with a 3k preamp will likely never sound as good as an Ayon dac/pre anyway so an S10 at this price makes good sense. 

Edited by christosd
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...