SME 3009 Series 2 Unimproved

Hi,

Welcome to my first trip out to the stereonet crease. Bring on the chin music.

I am hoping someone here can help me with this tonearm. The stub end does not appear to match any other 3009 S2. The stub end connects to arm via rod as shown and bushing inside stub end. The rod appears to be fixed to the arm. I am reluctant to put to much force to try and screw off or pull. If anyone advise on this it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to get this arm up and running and working out what is going on here has me beat.

Cheers, Matt    

IMG_7414.thumb.jpeg.ca12518edf7ae7896cf656d27ca6e35d.jpeg

IMG_7417.jpeg

IMG_7416.jpeg

As it happens, I have an similar SME in need of repair.  I just took this photo for you to compare.  The stub is quite different.  I think yours may not be a genuine SME stub.  As you can see, some plumbers tape has been wound onto mine as a makeshift 'fix' for the perished rubber bush.  The rod seems tightly fixed on mine as well.

DSC_0512.thumb.JPG.66fb05f51c0f33fe1abe73f696fced8c.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks Pete for link above. Alfred was very helpful in getting this tonearm back into the game. As well as a tail stub I needed main counterweight, wayrod, rider weights and ran with new coupling rubbers and bed plate grommets. Not a cheap exercise but definitely a bonding one with the sme 3009.  If anyone is interested I have a Weller soldering iron retaining shield surplus to requirements and going cheap.    

• Like 4