Sign in to follow this  
LostIdentity

Sony VPL-VW260W True 4K Projector Query

1) Are they made for bat-cave? 1500 lumen.. My room is going to be a mixed room but will probably draw curtains to watch 

2) 2nd hand ok if a local store selling with full warranty and bulb?

Never bought 2nd hand so just wondering if its worth it?

Was currently considering to get something like Epson EH-TW9400 which had 2600 lumen

Edited by LostIdentity

As a store is selling it, can they reproduce your room somewhat? (ambient light levels etc). This should at least give you an idea, however projectors do look best in a dark room (short of dedicated light rejection screens).

If youre serious, why not ask the store if you can borrow for an evening or if they could just come round and temporarily turn on for proof of concept (assuming they are local)?

they are not that local to me.. but wondering how they both compare? Don't understand all the lingos.. I think this is the closest comparison on web

https://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors-compare.cfm?add=10614&add=10863

House ain't built completely so can't really borrow to really test it.. 

The Sony in my opinion is the better projector, but in a dedicated room, where its all about the "cinema" experience. The Epson may be more practical due to the fact that your room wont be dedicated, the extra brightness of the Epson will be beneficial, as will the reduced noise levels.

At the end of the day, both units will be great. If you are a distance away from moving in, I would just hold off.

Just to close this circle.. We bought the Sony VPL VW270ES projector for with new bulb and 3 year warranty (demo stock)

Hopefully we didn't do a mistake :D

Edited by LostIdentity