JVC UH950 faulty focus?

very recently purchased a JVC UH950 and arrived yesterday. have been attempting to set it up however it will not focus.. at any distance or any screen size.

zoom seems to work and also shift in that the blurry green cross pattern moves.

the lens also has a lot of dust on or behind it (hard to tell), any ideas as seems i can not open the lens cover unless the pj is turned on (electronic lens cover)

thanks

dont know the particular jvc, but if like later models, was a matter of just selecting focus... in same ways as selected zoom or image shift, then using the jog arrows buttons around the ok button. to just focus in or out. using the grid pattern. if that doesnt work or unless some quirk with the model am unaware off. then suggest something is broke ? say focus motor or mechanism or something.

hopefully a fellow jvc hd950 owner comes forth to comment. ...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

it starts to move then then stops after half a second with a  grind noise..

even the lens cap opening and closing is very loud..

Sounds like it's cactus. Not sure about parts availability for these units now.

Are you able to return it for a refund? Seller may not have realised the issue if not switching between aspect ratios or it may have been damaged in transit.

• Like 1

$450 payment for item has been received. my loss is about $22 for post to get the item in the first place. that was to be refunded along with future return post i was going to arrange, but the 2 post fees were not included in the refund as explained they would be.

i have sent a pm to seller and request seller to arrange own shipping and pay for that from their end for the item to be returned.

item was faulty on arrival, the lamp that was explained to be genuine was not and all the parts for the mount were not included. overall packed well in a strong box.

i hold no ill feeling towards seller as i feel life/private concerns delayed the communication process and refunding of money paid. i would suggest perhaps more preparation time should be taken before selling again.

• Like 2