Karel

SOLD: FS: Cambridge Audio Azur 540A

Item: Cambridge Audio Azur 540A
Price: $100
Item Condition: Very good
Reason for selling:  No longer used
Payment Method: Pickup only
Extra Info:

Old favourite, great sound for little money.  No remote. Very good condition.

Manual & specs:  https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205263809/Azur_540A-640A_User_Manual_-_English.pdf

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20200119_160224.jpg

20200119_160231.jpg

20200119_160247.jpg

Bargain

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By YippeKiYay
      I’m hoping you knowledgeable people can help me out.

I originally posted a thread seeking help on selecting a suitable AV receiver and speakers (fronts and centre) for a 3.1 setup. I was originally planning on getting a 7.2 receiver as I may (a very unlikely may) end up getting some surround L/R built into the wall.

The other day I went into a local Hi-Fi store and demoed a number of speakers and decided to buy the Wharfedale D320 bookshelf speakers (we were very impressed with the sound from such tiny speakers) and the Wharfedale D300c as I was initially set on a 3.1 setup through an AV receiver.

However, upon reading up on a few forums and receiving advice from knowledgable people on other AV forums, it sounds like I’d be better off going for a stereo amplifier and buying two bookshelf speakers. I never considered this as I always thought a 2 channel setup would result in poor audio quality for film/TV, especially dialogue.

I currently use a JBL Cinema SB 450 (soundbar) hooked up to my TV via optical (the Arc HDMI input has gone - either on the SB or my TV). I only have a PS4, 4K player and Apple TV 4K hooked up to my TV.  For music I use a Bose Wave SoundTouch.

I’m looking to buy a setup to replace the soundbar and Bose Wave to improve on the sound quality, the major issue with the soundbar is the dialogue.  My partner has hearing problems so we’re having to have subtitles on all the time. We don’t want the setup to be too big (ie floor standing speakers) as the room it will be in is used a lot for having friends over, so we don’t want the setup to be a dominant feature of the room.

Whatever setup I get I’ll be using it equally for music and film/TV. I haven’t got a turntable yet but will be looking to get one soon.

I may cancel my speaker order tomorrow and use advice from members to buy a suitable system.

I do have a reasonable budget for the system, but was hoping not to go above $3k. If I do go for a 2 channel stereo system, I’d probably need a sub too so that would need to be factored in.  Is $3k going to be enough to buy me a 2 channel stereo setup that will out perform my current soundbar? If so, what amp and speakers should I consider - will the D320s be ok to keep? We don’t want floorstanding speakers and the bookshelf speakers will sit on top of our entertainment unit on either side of the TV.

As most of my music listening is done via streaming, should I get an amp with Wi-Fi or can this be done through phone / computer? Or would it be best to get a stereo amp and a DAC with streaming capabilities? 

Or should I stick with an AV receiver with a 3.1 setup?

If it helps my living room is 5.8m x 3.8.  About 2m x 3.8 is not used for entertaining as it is an empty space with some wall furniture and one seat that we use for reading.  We sit about 2.5 metres from the TV. The room is also carpeted.
    • By LCOKE
      Item Condition: Very Good, working Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: LALOR PARK State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Not needed, clearing out old equipment for space Further information: 
      Unit is in original and working condition
      Sound quality is great requires minor warm up time to get best sound quality
      No refurbishment, has only been cleaned since original purchase 
      Can ship item, however I will require your postal code in order to judge whether it is within my budget to do so. 
      You can check shipping to yourself if you wish: 
      Dimensions: 55 x 42 x 38cm 12kg + signature on delivery
      Minimum price to include shipping is the $600 listed.

Photos:
    • By Jing
      Item Condition: used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: 3133 State: Victoria Payment Method: COD Reason for selling: too many amps Further information: 
      This AMP was modified according to Richard McDonald by myself the year before last year when I had time playing with things. 
      I think the mods result is very similar to the famous Hugh Dean Aksa 55, which, without wonder,  was a product by Richard and Hugh as you can read the story here.

http://www.aesmelbourne.org.au/wp-content/media/THE AKSA STORY.pdf

The  modified circuit shares high similarity with AKSA circuit, which is said to be the most tubey...

Only difference is that A2760 is much better looking amp than a original AKSA 55 as you can see from the picture .   Aksa 55 amps don't have speaker protection circuits and kindof dual mono transformer either. And also, I used fancier capacitors such as metal films and Nichicon Muse series, etc.

Anyway, I used it to drive my Yamaha NS1000M and did look anywhere else.

I actually had two of them, with one added remote volume control, source select and even a phono stage as the retired preamp power supply is actual very good for addon things like those.

This one has been my in my video shelf as AV amp, but now I have started to try surround system.

These is also a VSPS, very simple phono stage, designed by RJM Audio to come with it or the next owner to play with it.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By PRAGON
      Item Condition: New in box Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Sunnybank hills State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Need money Further information: 

Marantz PM-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata Signature Reference Integrated Amplifier in GOLD
      This is one set Brand New Marantz PM-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata Signature Reference Integrated Amplifier in Gold Panel. MADE IN JAPAN in 230V.
      Marantz PM-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata Signature Reference Integrated Amplifier
      Marantz has been designing and making amplifiers for more than 65 years, and for 40 of those the products have reflected expertise of Ken Ishiwata. Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the PM-KI Ruby amplifier has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. . Features a fully discrete two-stage design with separate power supplies for the pre-amplifier and power amp — plus, a moving coil/moving magnet phono stage complete with Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit and Marantz HDAM technology for signal purity and exceptional audio quality. PM-KI Ruby is built on a vibration-resistant double layer chassis with thick aluminum panes for rigidity and features a laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature to commemorate his legacy.
      Key Features
      Engineered and extensively tuned legendary Marantz sound master Ken Ishiwata and his team, drawing on more than 65 years of Marantz amplifier design knowledge
      Marantz high-resolution preamplifier stage with proprietary HDAM technology
      Switching power amplifier design derived from flagship PM-10 amplifier
      Generous output: 100W 100W (into 8ohm), 200W 200W (4ohm)
      Fully-discrete, two-stage design for signal purity, with separate power supplies for preamp and power amplifier sections to reduce interference
      Toroidal transformer dedicated to preamp for clarity and powerful sound
      Current feedback design with newly-developed wide-range circuitry
      HDAM® SA3 circuitry for clean signal and optimal dynamics
      MM/MC Phono input with new discrete Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit
      Thick nickel-plated copper independent input terminals for CD and Phono, plus Marantz-original high-quality/high-purity copper-plated speaker terminals
      Linear volume control with new electric volume system
      High-quality construction with double-layer chassis, 5mm thick aluminum top lid, solid aluminum front and copper-plated chassis
      High-grade, carefully selected audio parts: ultra-low leak current Schottky diodes, low noise complementary transistors, high-grade resistors, newly developed custom electrolytic capacitors, audio grade film capacitors and mica capacitors.
      Laser-engraved Ken Ishiwata signature and Ruby motif, marking Ishiwata’s 40-year Marantz legacy
      Celebrating 40 Years of Passion
      Designed to celebrate the 40-year anniversary of legendary Marantz sound master, Ken Ishiwata, PM-KI Ruby features pinnacle performance that’s synonymous with Marantz excellence. Complete with thoughtful engineering, painstaking tuning and extensive listening sessions, PM-KI Ruby achieves the elevated output worthy of its name. Elegantly shows Ishiwata’s laser-engraved signature to commemorate the design and heightened listening experience that honors the decades-long partnership between him and Marantz.
      Extensive Sound Tuning
      Led by Ken Ishiwata’s extensive, meticulous approach to tuning, the larger Marantz engineering team applied more than 65 years of experience and HiFi knowledge to create PM-KI Ruby, resulting in a final product that is a testament to Ken Ishiwata and the Marantz legacy.
      Marantz HDAM Technology
      Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, to replace the chip-based amps used elsewhere. Using discrete surface mount components with short mirror-image left and right signal paths, HDAMs outperform the regular integrated Op-amps dramatically in Slew Rate and noise level. The result is much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years, Marantz has developed different HDAMs to fit the particular requirements of players and amplifiers. The PM-KI Ruby uses the latest high-grade SA3 version. Combined with optimized circuit design layout and carefully selected components, the PM-KI Ruby provides exceptional sound quality and performance.
      Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ
      Designed to deliver optimal sound quality by simplifying the signal path, the Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ stage in the PM-KI-Ruby amplifier can be used with both moving magnet and low-output moving coil cartridges, thanks to a built-in MC head amplifier. Distortion is reduced by using two-stage amplification in the phono stage, and Marantz HDAMs are combined with JFETs (junction gate field effect transistors) in the input stage, giving high input impedance. The exclusion of coupling capacitors further simplifies the design, reducing signal distortion and enhances signal purity.
      High Quality Volume Control
      Newly developed electric volume control uses the latest volume control IC to realize better channel separation, dynamic range and distortion-reduction, while retaining the operational feel of an analog volume control device. The amplifier employs new Marantz-designed electric volume control for high linearity and best-in-class channel separation.
      Current Feedback Amplifier
      Current Feedback amplification is a well-known, Marantz-original circuit technology, thoughtfully designed to match the requirements of Super Audio hi-res music for wide-bandwidth, high-speed reproduction. The impedance at the Current Feedback point is limited, generating a very low phase shift. Marantz Current Feedback amplifiers reduce the need for phase compensation by minimizing Negative Feedback (NFB). This simplifies the signal path and results in a high through-rate, excellent transient response and superb sonic transparency across the full bandwidth. Unlike conventional Voltage Feedback topology, Current Feedback also makes the power amplifier insensitive to difficult loudspeaker loads.
      Balanced Power Amplification
      Drawing on design elements of the PM-10, the PM-KI Ruby is built to leverage enhancements, maintain the purest possible sound and support the power needed to drive the most demanding speakers. The amplifier output stage of the PM-KI Ruby allows a large power output, delivering 2x100W into an 8ohm load, and easily copes with high-impedance speakers thanks to a 2x200W output into 4ohms. The amplifier module connects directly to the rear panel PCB on the PM-KI Ruby to maintain signal purity and sound stability.
      Pure Analog Design
      The purely analog design of the PM-KI Ruby contributes to its noise-reduction structure and clean build. Rather than build the DAC into the amplifier, which would add noise within the chassis, Marantz built the PM-KI Ruby without one and then implemented the DAC in the SA-KI Ruby Super Audio CD Player. This eliminated interference with the delicate analog signals passing through the amp, maintaining an analog environment that’s as pure and clean as possible.
      Carefully Selected Components
      Marantz has a steadfast reputation for choosing the best-possible components for its Premium Series products. The Marantz alternative to the “amplifier on a chip” IC components, the HDAM, is a miniature amplifier module built entirely of discrete components. Marantz engineers selected and optimized the HDAM through extensive listening in dedicated Marantz facilities in Europe and Japan. Extensive, painstaking and meticulous tuning has long been the secret of exquisite-sounding Marantz amplifiers. During the development stage, every part is carefully selected, tested and validated by Marantz audio engineers to ensure audio perfection every time you listen.
      Multiple Analog Inputs and Outputs
      In addition to phono and CD analog inputs, the PM-KI Ruby features two line-level inputs and two pairs of recorder input/output jacks that enable the connection of multiple sources and recorders. Use the PM-KI Ruby as a standalone stereo power amplifier for additional system configuration versatility with the included power amp input, or connect the PM-KI Ruby to an external power amplifier via the stereo pre-amp outputs.

• By MTsoul
      I'm looking to get some good headphones and a headphone amp to connect them to. 

I could just plug headphones into my Yamaha R-N602, however I want to explore and hear the differences in various set-ups. Also my Kefs don't have the bass for a lot of my 90s and 00s music I'm finding. 

Trouble is I have no idea where to begin or what to look for. My local hifi are pointing me at a second hand $450 Musical Fidelity X-Cans headphone amplifier, but I'm not sure if that's the right brand and device to go for. Not to mention, would still need some headphones to go with it. 

Budget is in the $1-2k range.