Sign in to follow this  
Batty

24 hours ... 24 albums that shaped your life.

48hrs.....24 albums :))

1.Led Zeppelin ll

2.Deep Purple - Made in Japan

3.Pink Floyd - DSOTM

4.Pink Floyd - WYWH

5.Jeff Beck - Wired

6.Marillion - Script for a Jesters Tear

7.Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

8.Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

9.Le Orme - Collage

10.Yes - Close to the Edge

11.Transatlantic - Bridge across Forever

12.Tool - Lateralus

13.Riverside - Second Life Syndrome 

14.Robin Trower - For Earth Below

15.PFM - Per in Amico

16.Alex de Grassi - Southern Exposure

17.Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

18.Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn’t Stand the Weather

19.Sigur Ros - Takk

20.Eva Cassidy - Songbird

21.Rush - Exit....Stage Left

22.Keith Jarrett - Koln Concert

23.King Crimson - In the Court of.......

24.Santana - Caravanserai

2 hours ago, Wimbo said:

Wow mate. Thats unbelievable. Such a rare single. And yes I did. Great band. Saw them at the Rainbow in 78, though, it was his Earth Band then. 

And I've got 5 Ben Sidran Albums. Great Be Bop and great recordings.

My Fave Floyd album is Animals. All three are great Albums though of course.

I don't know who else was around back then, about '71 I think, but me and my mates went to see Deep Purple, Free and Manfred Mann's Earth Band, with Chain as the support act, for the princely sum of $12. Mind you, that was almost half a week's take home pay for me back then. The venue in Perth, which is where I grew up and where I saw them, was the Beatty Park Aquatic Centre. Less than a decade earlier it was where the swimming and diving for the '62 Commonwealth Games was held. The stage was set up between the main and diving pools. OH&S hadn't been invented then, it would seem.

Chain, Manfred Mann and Free were a revelation. At the end of their set, Free's singer, Paul Rogers sent his microphone flying up into the air and behind him and it landed in the diving pool. Never forget that.

On the night, Deep Purple were a bit disappointing. That's the first time that I have ever admitted that. They made up for it in '75 and '84 at the Entertainment Centre, though.

Nick Cave saw the tour in Melbourne, I have recently read, and it changed his life.

Edited by JukKluk2

Okay, back on task. 

12. (Japan) Rain Tree Crow

How does a band break up, reform years later and produce their best work? More bands should try it. Celtic Frost did exactly that. Broke up again too. I thank my ex GF for introducing me to a lot of music I would have otherwise overlooked. This album is crucial, a watershed moment in collaborative creativity. RIP Mick Karn, sui generis

13. The Young Gods - TV Sky

This Swiss band gave me my first ecstatic experience of live music and from that moment on I have been hooked. Nearly 30 years later and they haven't released a dud album. This isn't their best but it's the one that started it for me. I have this recurring dream that I see them live again one more time. I'm still holding my breath

14. Jeff Buckley - Grace

This album cops a lot of flak, but a lot of love too. It doesn't matter what you think of the music, this kid was one of the most powerful and compelling performers ever to grace this planet. RIP

15. Morphine - Cure for Pain

I still remember the feeling when I first heard the tune "Buena" on JJJ, like a bolt of lightning hit me. I had to know who these cats were. One of the coolest ever sounding bands, and also deep. RIP Mark Sandman

16. Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

A towering and unique work of art. Nothing else can touch it. The end of music indeed. 

17. Ella and Louis

Perfect in every way. If you don't like this then there is something not right. 

18. Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood - Nancy and Lee

One of my fathers all timers. I used to think it was okay, but after dad passed this album has crept up on me. Lee Hazlewood was a laconic genius. Never been reissued incidentally for probably 40 years. Its crying out for an audiophile remaster, the recording is lush and beautiful. 

19. Walt Dickerson & Sun Ra - Visions

Inspired instrumental duets. These guys epitomise musical telepathy and spontaneity. Incredible ego-less musicianship. 

20. The Necks - Sex

The debut album that started their journey through minimal post everything music. I had this on a well worn tape back in the early 90s

21. Tom Waits - Frank's Wild Years

What a wild album. Another one my old GF got me onto. I didn't know what to make of all the off beat off key off tempo off his chops weirdness, but it didn't take long before I was hooked. Waits has written some timeless songs, no matter how hard he tries to destroy them. 

22. Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

Its one of those albums once you hear it it never leaves you. I remember the first time

23. James Brown - Sex Machine and Other Soul Classics

The funk that was a force of nature that could not be stopped. Kill em and leave! 

24. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Reintroduced to me by the old GF, I had definitely heard it as a child because it was already there in the brain box. A ubiquitous album, and essential

First off some great stuff in here and glad to see some TB love by many 😁. Well here's my list of random stuff floating through my head at 3am. As others have correctly pointed out this list could very well be different in an hours time for the simple fact that every record is special to me otherwise why would we own it right?

Here goes...

Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield discovered via my favorite film of all-time, The Exorcist TB opened my eyes to instrumental music in a big way

Turn Of A Friendly Card - Alan Parsons Introduced 25 years ago to me through a friend at work and I never looked back. Have all AP albums since then and love them all

Moving Pictures - Rush Introduced 25 years ago to me through a friend at work and I never looked back. Have all Rush albums since then and love them all

Flaunt It - Sigue Sigue Sputnik my "rebel" album as it was my first breakaway from following what my older sister listened to and loved the fact she hated them. Also remember buying the album during a year 7 trip into Melb. where I snuck away from the class to buy the LP at the original Central Station music shop for which I got into a lot of trouble for!

Like A Virgin - Madonna What can I say other than this record brings me so many happy memories of my youth particularly the summer holidays

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell The first time I remember being wowed by BI hearing the ripping guitar solo on the intro of the extended version of "To Be A Lover" over the radio whilst sitting in the backyard on a nice summers day. Had to know who that was and have loved him ever since, Picked this album though as it contains my two fav. Idol songs. Eyes Without A Face & Flesh For Fantasy which are two essential tracks for any night driving adventures through the cities of the world imo

Abigail - King Diamond Anyone remember Pipe Imported records run by the eccentric german Daniel? Well i was 14 at the time walked in and asked him for the most "evil" record he had haha. He quietly placed this in the turntable and handed me some headphones and my life was instantly changed forever

Oxygene - Jean Michel Jarre Ground zero for my introduction to "space music". Remember my girlfriend & I listening to this many times whilst staring up at the stars. Fun times indeed.

666 - Aphrodites Child Distinctly remember the torture my parents would put me through listening to endless Demis Roussos in the car during our holidays but oh how the tides turned when I discovered this album. Pure masterpiece of which nothing like this could ever be made again

Killers - Iron Maiden My best friends brother had this when I was in grade 6. Didn't particularly like the music (then) but was awe inspired by that album cover and would gaze at it for as long as I could discovering all the little "easter eggs" it contained. This initial intro. led me to loving the band in later years so this album in particular is special to me

Sehnsucht - Rammstein I was listening to some metal show on the radio driving home from work in the mid 90's pulling into my driveway when the DJ announced he was playing some tracks from this new band. My mind was blown as I just sat in the driveway for what seemed like an hour listening to this. Nothing like I've ever heard before

So Red The Rose - Arcadia the best album Duran Duran never did and one I never tire listening to

Into The Pandemonium - Celtic Frost My fav. metal band of all time introducing operatic vocals, drum machines and orchestral instrumentation into the mix this avant-guarde effort threw a lot of metalhead off kilter upon release which made me love it even more

Under The Sign Of the Black Mark - Bathory legendary album from a time when Black Metal wasn't even a thing yet. Dark, sinister and scary as hell. Even  the dead wax has "I hail satan" inscribed backwards into it....Love it!

Lucifuge - Danzig the first metal band my girlfriend actually liked, bluesy rock fronted by evil Elvis so we listened to this one a lot

Cat People - OST my introduction to Giorgio Moroder. Loved the film and the soundtrack is killer...no pun intended. Remember ordering the cassette after discovering the soundtrack was available by watching the end credits and seeing "available through MCA records". No internet back then but thankfully my mum ordered it for me somehow which reminds me I must ask her one day how she did that?

Slave To the Rhythm - Grace Jones my gateway drug into GJ. My dads apprentice at the time gave him a copy on cassette which was weird as it was not the sort of music he would normally listen to but I loved its quirkiness from the start and was the first album I can remember dad & I both agreeing upon liking

Welcome To the Pleasuredome - Frankie Goes To Hollywood another LP I never tire listening to, great songs and super production from the legendary Trevor Horn

The White Room - The KLF this caught me by surprise as I wasn't really into dance music at the time but this one changed my mind and I love it

Ecstasy - Lou Reed was a very late bloomer for uncle Lou but this album changed that for me along with seeing him live promoting the record which was a magical experience indeed

Hounds Of Love - Kate Bush another intro album which made me the fanatical follower I am today. The opening drums on Running Up That Hill along with the synth line is pure gold...speaking of which

Love Over Gold - Dire Straits anyone remember those long intermissions on the ABC where they would play music? anyway I remember Telegraph Road being played one time and loved its epicness but also love this albums dark brooding vibe

Beaucoup Fish - Underworld This along with "Second Toughest In The Infants" are my go to's when I need some beats in my life. Desert island stuff for me

Two Hunters - Wolves In The Throne Room IMO the absolute pinnacle of the second wave of black metal and different in that there not a satan worship band but more atmospheric and forestry for lack of a better word (yeah it late/early and my brain is not in gear yet)

Edited by Tubularbells
spelling as usual

Awesome post @Tubularbells

Brings back memories of Central Station and the german guy at Pipe records (I was always a bit scared to go into that shop :) )

OK here goes

Iron Maiden - Number of the beast : second album I ever bought. I'd bought a 'maiden T-shirt because I loved the design and a mate at school gave me heaps for having a T-shirt but no records. So I bought the album and was hooked.

Queesnryche - Empire: I know "Operation Mindcrime" is universally hailed (and I love it) but Empire introduced me to such a different side of metal that I couldn't stop listening

The Jam - Setting Sons: was the favourite album of my best mate who died too young. Shaped my life for sure. I still can only listen to it once a year

Bach - Toccata and Fugue: first (and only) time I experienced synesthesia 

Creedence - Willy and the Poor Boys: memories of sitting on the floor aged maybe 6 or 7, going through my dad's record collection and finding this

Neil Young - Freedom: my first and yes, very late, introduction to Neil Young after a mate came home from his gig raving about it

Nirvana: Nevermind - on constant rotation on the jukebox at the Tankerville Arms where we played pool almost nightly during my uni days

Pixies: Come on Pilgrim - represents the soundtrack of my uni days

Blondie: Parallel lines - boy did I have a crush on Debbie Harry (aged 10, is that wrong?)

Madness - One Step Beyond - gets a guernsey as the first album I bought with my own money. Loved the energy and the fun

Metallica - Ride the Lightning - angry teen years. My parents hated it, perfect  :)

The Breeders - Last Splash: played this album endlessly with my girlfriend at the time

Pharaoh Sanders - Kabsha: crazy jazz that just broke all my notions of what "should" sound good

Inti-Illimani Leyenda: heard this at a hifi show many many years ago on a set of Proac speakers. I reckon this album was responsible for me getting into this hobby

Rossini - Stabat Mater: helps when the back dog is around 

Mozart - Magic Flute - discovering that my daughter loves opera and the joy of watching it with her :) :) 

Buddy Guy Stone Crazy - My favourite blues artist. Seen him live every time he's been to australia in the last 30 years

Leonard Cohen: Various positions - Just had to listen to him after watching the "Nasty" episode of the Young Ones (my favourite show back then) in which they say  "He's gonna turn us into vampires! We'll all be dead, yet still alive like Leonard Cohen!" 

33 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

The Breeders - Last Splash: played this album endlessly with my girlfriend at the time

Hahaha that funny as, oh the double entendre one could come up with that comment 😂

3 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

So Red The Rose - Arcadia

And the best song, Election Day, that DD never did.  

Just now, Sime said:

And the best song, Election Day, that DD never did.  

Made even better by the fact that Miss Grace Jones is in it too! 👍

Queen - A Night At The Opera
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
Richie Blackmore's Rainbow - Rainbow Rising
Fairport Convention - Live At The LA Troubadour
Van Morrison - Hard Nose The Highway
Joan Baez - Gulf Winds
Roy Buchanan - A Street Called Straight
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Rastaman Vibration
Ozark Mountain Daredevils - It'll Shine When It Shines
Leo Kottke - Burnt Lips
Supertramp - Crisis, what crisis
Eric Bogle - Scraps Of Paper
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Neil Young - Live Rust
Peter Gabriel - III (Melt)
Midnight Oil - 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
Sandy Denny - Sandy
Kevin Borich & Dutch Tilders - The Blues Had A Baby
U2 - War
New Order - Substance
Died Pretty - Every Brilliant Eye
The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops
Jackson Browne - Lives In The Balance
John Hiatt - Stolen Moments

Kudos to Batty.

My picks start from the early '80s and while not always being the best example of a band or artists work, it was the album that grabbed me and didn't let go.

1. Heavy- sort of where it all began. This was a compilation album that came out (in NZ) pre-Xmas in the early '80s. Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Heaven, Rainbow, Van Halen etc etc. Transformational for a pimply small town boy. Can't find any trace of it via the www.

2. ZZ Top- Eliminator

3. Black Sabbath- Paranoid

4. AC/DC- Back In Black

Had lawn mowing gigs and these were the first 3 albums I bought with my hard earned. Bought all 3 together.

5. .Frank Zappa- Joe's Garage

Next doors oldest son (about 4 years older than me) built his own amps and speakers. He was a Zappa fan. Joe's Garage tickled my sense of humour and FZ's guitar hooked me for life.

6. Led Zeppelin- Physical Graffiti

My old man had girlfriend for a while who was closer to my age than his. She had a pretty good record collection though and this kicked off my Led Zep journey. She even bought me a few albums from the Flying Nun label for my 16th birthday. What a cow.

7. Violent Femmes first album

Drinking and driving music, in the car with the boys and the beers, we knew all the songs off by heart.

8. Lou Reed- New Sensations

Same description as no.7. Not a critically acclaimed album but I've been a Lou Reed fan ever since and have the collection to prove it. I was gutted when Lou left us.

9. The Angels- The Angels Greatest 

It's 1985, I'd never heard of these guys. This album was played at a bad taste party and I was instantly enamoured. Bought my own copy next payday and all the rest over the years.

10. JJ Cale- Special Edition

This was a late on Sunday night stoned album that introduced me to a gentler pace of listening material. Very sad when JJ passed.

11. The Clash- Story of The Clash Vol 1

I now realise that there probably could have been a Vol 2 and 3. But this was my first foray into The Clash and the double cassette pretty much lived in my work ute.

12. Julian Cope- Peggy Suicide

Cope was the best thing about Teardrop Explodes. 

I bought his very good first solo album, World Shut Your Mouth back in the day but discovering Peggy Suicide kicked off a buying frenzy of JC's mostly very cool albums in recent years. Getting very pricey on the secondhand market.

13. Motörhead- Welcome To The Bear Trap

As per the title, I was captured. Bought the t-shirt too. I always admired Lemmy's attitude and was shocked by his death. Never really had the chance to see Motörhead live. Shame.

14. Michael Moorcock & The Deep Fixx- New Worlds Fair.

Maybe it was the mescaline, maybe it was lyrics like "she's sixteen years old with a death rattle in her throat" but I had to have this album. Took a couple of years but I finally landed a copy on cd.

For science fiction fans who are wondering, yes it's the author Michael Moorcock.

15. Tool- Undertow

I knew there was something that I liked about the sound but it took around 8 full spins before I dialed into it. I don't rank Tool albums in any pecking order, each is a standalone magnum opus.

16. Fugazi- Red Medicine

These guys came along when I had my first half decent rig- Rotel 955 cdp, Pioneer A400X and Wharfedale floorstanders from the early IAG days.

By the time the final track, Long Distance Runner, wound down proceedings I was gobsmacked. A unique addition to my collection at the time and added another sub genre to be explored. 

17. JD Blackfoot- The Song Of Crazy Horse

Recorded in Auckland NZ 1974 because no US label would touch it at the time. The Song Of Crazy Horse takes up the whole of side 1. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Another mindblowing accompaniment to mescaline.

18. Roy Buchanan- A Street Called Straight

Could have put Loading Zone or That's What I Am Here For or.... One of my best mates had it all on vinyl and the effect through his Wharfedale E-70's was mesmerising.

19. Butthole Surfers- Independent Worm Saloon

Twisted and at times savage music. I promptly proceeded to collect their entire back catalogue.

20. John Prine- Lost Dogs And Mixed Blessings

A lot of uptempo stuff, good stories and Prine's voice is so expressive. Got me into Tony Joe White and buying Bob Dylan albums.

21. Hank Williams III- Lovesick, Broke & Driftin'

Huge one for me. This is as straight out country as Sheldon aka Hank 3 has done and I've gone on with collecting what is a hilarious, bent, scary and sometimes down right disturbing body of work.

22.Rubén González- Introducing Rubén González

My interest in jazz was in it's fledgling stage when I found this. I try not to play it every time I get the urge because I don't want to risk losing the magic.

Check out the guy's fingers, born to play piano. One of the Buena Vista Social Club. Orlando Cachaito Lopez and Eliades Ochoa albums are in the same league.

23. Johnny Dowd- A Drunkards Masterpiece

Not quite my first JD album but the one that puts him in this pantheon. Real stories from the wrong side of the tracks, gritty as hell, black humour aplenty. Flows from start to finish and it's sometimes hard to know what to put on next.

24. Dizzee Rascal- Tongue In Cheek Deluxe Edition

Barely ever dip my toes in the rap/hip hop genre but Dizzee and his grime stylings do it for me. It can be pretty intense and the 52yo ears don't always keep up. Once again, have picked up all Dizzee's albums. Introduced to this album by a younger English work colleague who is a veteran of the British and European music fest scene.

Well, that was a trip. So many memories of people, good times and places that have helped shape my tastes in music.

Honourable mentions for-

Rammstein

The White Stripes

Grinderman

Grinspoon (especially live, wow!)

Eddy Current Suppression Ring

Beasts Of Bourbon

Apollo 440

Early George Benson

Edited by deanB

6 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Leonard Cohen: Various positions - Just had to listen to him after watching the "Nasty" episode of the Young Ones (my favourite show back then) in which they say  "He's gonna turn us into vampires! We'll all be dead, yet still alive like Leonard Cohen!" 

My favourite Young Ones Leonard Cohen gag is from Bomb. Neil, deadpan to camera: 'No one listens to me anyway. I may as well be a Leonard Cohen record.'

Dead but still alive, like leonard cohen...

I think that came from the young ones too.

6 hours ago, deanB said:

Heavy- sort of where it all began. This was a compilation album that came out (in NZ) pre-Xmas in the early '80s. Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Heaven, Rainbow, Van Halen etc etc. Transformational for a pimply small town boy. Can't find any trace of it via the www.

1130707902_HeavyCompilationK-telRecords.JPG.5f72ad739d4e9020f1f9137d5ac0a457.JPG

A beautiful old K'Tel record.  A great sound and track selection/order.

2 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

1130707902_HeavyCompilationK-telRecords.JPG.5f72ad739d4e9020f1f9137d5ac0a457.JPG

A beautiful old K'Tel record.  A great sound and track selection/order.

Well done Ant. I think my copy is at my sister's in Invercargill.

Could be a couple of different tracks on your one. I don't remember Tygers of Pan Tang or Great Dane.

The Heaven track was a very good one. Found out years later they're an Aussie band.

Cheers man!

38 minutes ago, deanB said:

The Heaven track was a very good one. Found out years later they're an Aussie band.

Hey Dean.  Yeah mate, Heaven supported Iron Maiden at The Capitol Theatre in Sydney for The Beast on the Road Tour in 1982, my first gig, so Heaven were the first live band I saw/heard.  Their album 'Twilight of Mischief', recorded at Studio 301 in Sydney, is in my 24 Albums list that shaped me, for a few reasons;  my first live band, they were Australian, it's a great album that made up most of the set and I have a beautiful, original Aussie press that sounds fantastic.

The Heaven track on Heavy is 'In the Beginning', an homage to some of the past and present (1981) Heavy Rockers and their music, with lyrics and riffs of iconic Heavy bands.

It's a great track and likes a bit of oomph.  K.Tel Records get a little negativity sometimes, but they do have some merit and a few devoted enthusiasts and this album is well regarded and copes well with a bit of volume.  Considering the amount of music and the thin vinyl, the record has a great sound.

Unfortunately I'm not set up for vinyl ripping, otherwise...

@BuzzzFuzzz I saw Heaven in your list. In The Beginning is a gem.

I've was checking out Heaven cd's on Discogs awhile ago. They command a pretty steep price. I'll make sure Twilight Of Mischief is on my wantlist.

A bit late but I felt like posting...

The Best of Blondie - Blondie
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 - Midnight Oil
Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd
Psychocandy - The Jesus and Mary Chain

I  had the leather jacket, and the feeding back semi-acoustic electric guitar to go with it.. seriously obsessed with this to the level of derangement for a few years..
Tender Prey - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Loveless - My Bloody Valentine
Nevermind - Nirvana
Doolittle - Pixies
The Low Road - Beasts of Bourbon

Goo - Sonic Youth
Clouds - Penny Century
Dummy - Portishead

this seemed to be playing in the background, endlessly, everywhere in the mid 90s for me.. but it's a great CD
F.A.C.T. - Carl Cox - mix CD various artists, 90s trance & techno

lost this CD, it may not stand up to a recent listen, but represents new  music listening tastes for me and the atmosphere of the time..

Yellow Compilation - TIP records (Various Artists from this label, psytrance)
Zeitgeist - Spirit Ov Thee Times - If? records - various artists

given out for free at an underground melbourne warehouse party.. gritty live techno as played in pubs and warehouse parties 90s
Aztec Mystic Mix - DJ Rolando (various artists from Underground Resistance label)
DE9 Closer to the Edit - Richie Hawtin (various artists, computer edited techno mix CD)
Kompakt Total 1 - Various artists (Cologne style minimal techno from Kompakt label)

after leaving a party with crap music my housemates came home to me playing this CD.. they said "why don't you put on a party with this kind of music?".. so I did.. 4 times.. so starts  a time where warehouse party promoter was one of the hats I was wearing..
Copia - Eluvium
Stormur - Yagya
The Tired Sounds of.. - Stars of the Lid
Purpose Maker Compilation - Jeff Mills
The Seduction of Silence - Intrusion
Loop-Finding-Jazz-Records - Jan Jelinek

Edited by zog

What a remarkably difficult task!

The problem of doing this at 34 is there’s more music at your finger tips and less time to listen...

The albums listed have either lived with me for what seems like forever or found their way to me in more recently history, but they lived within as deeply as I had drawn breath.

In no particular order…

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.

Jeff Buckley - Grace.

Yeasayer - All Hour Cymbals.

Ben Howard - I Forget Where We Were.

Kings of Leon - On Call.

Tracy Chapman - Self Titled.

Alt-J - This is All Yours.

City and Colour - Little Hell.

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures.

Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska.

Steely Dan - AJA.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours.

Buckingham Nicks - Self Titled.

Neil Young - Harvest.

Dire Straits - Self Titled.

Amy Winehouse - Frank.

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun.

Eagles - Hotel California.

John Martyn - Solid Air.

Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman.

Tim Buckley - Greetings from LA.

Crosby, Stills & Nash - Self Titled.

Supertramp - Crime of the Century.

Tom Waits - Heartattack & Vine.

Honourable mention (sorry, can't help myself);

Rickie Lee Jones - ST.

Phil Collins - Face Value.

Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair.

Doobie Brothers - What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits.

Chris Rea - On The Beach.

Soft Machine - Four.

Mark Lanegan & Duke Garwood - Black Pudding.

Wings - Wild Life.

The Cure - Seventeen Seconds.

Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Like Bad News.

Edited by Be Quiet...Listen

Billy Idol seems to have some loyal fans.

Also nice to see Roy Buchanan turn up on someone else's list.

And Meddle get some love amongst the PF selections.

1 hour ago, surprisetech said:

Billy Idol seems to have some loyal fans.

Damn right. Seeing him again in a few weeks.

Billy "rocks on" on the world's largest PA podium (aka my speaker 🤣)

20200122_122424.jpg

20200122_122500.jpg

In no particular order but mostly from the 15-25 yo time frame where so much music influences us and seems to stick with us for life.

1; Crowded House- Self titled. First album bought with my own money

2; U2- Rattle & Hum

3; INXS- Kick (my schoolies Album even though schoolies wasn't even invented yet.)

4; Hunter & Collectors- Human Frailty

5; Split Enz- True Colours

6; Talking Heads- Stop Making Sense

7; Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence OST

8; Japan- Tin Drum

9; Jeff Buckley- Grace

10; Nirvana- Nevermind

11; Paul Kelly- Gossip

12; Muse- The 2nd Law

13; The Killers- Hot Fuss

14; Fairground Attraction- First of a Million Kisses

15; The Cure- Wish

16; Crowded House- Temple of Low Men

17; Simply Red- Picture Book

18; Jamiroquai- Travelling Without Moving

19; Jesus Jones- Doubt

20-Eva Cassidy- Songbird

21; Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory

22; Live- Secret Samadhi

23; Silverchair- Frogstomp

24; Mark Knopfler- Local Hero OST

Edited by blybo

Mmm... Skyscraper I love you...

Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman
Underworld - Second Toughest In The Infants
The Future Sound Of London - Lifeforms
The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Booka Shade - Movements
Kruder Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions
Portishead - Dummy
The Field - From Here We Go Sublime
F*** Buttons - Tarot Sport
Plastikman - Musik
Jon Hopkins - Immunity
LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
TV On The Radio - Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes
Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun
The Black Keys - Brothers
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Bill Callahan - Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle
Everything But The Girl - Amplified Heart
John Martyn - Solid Air
Jeff Buckley - Grace
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The Boatman's Call

Edited by MoveD

On 20/01/2020 at 2:20 PM, Monty said:

My favourite Young Ones Leonard Cohen gag is from Bomb. Neil, deadpan to camera: 'No one listens to me anyway. I may as well be a Leonard Cohen record.'

I bought the Young Ones on DVD around 10 years ago. Gawd it did not age well did it? How did we ever get addicted to shows like Monkey too?

35 minutes ago, MoveD said:

TV On The Radio - Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes

I had TV On The Radio’s ‘Return to Cookie Mountain’ shortlisted before I finally settled.
Love these guys! Reminds me of my days living in LA. Crazy, unbelievable city. Every time I hear them it takes me back and puts a smile on my face ☺️