JVC - X55R Ballast Issue - Repairer In Melbourne needed

Hi All,

My DLA- X55R stopped working last night however I was due for a lamp change.

On the front of the unit, the Left and Right LED lights were constantly Red while the centre of the three middle light flashes continuously orange.

I checked the owners manual and then online and I suspect the Ballast may be shot however have purchased a genuine lamp online last night in the hope this is the easy fix.

Has anyone had their Ballast repaired and can recommend someone in Melbourne?

Not skilled enough to do it myself and happy to pay a qualified technician.

Thanks in advance..

Edited by Markybee737

JLS electronics in doncaster i believe are authorised jvc service agents. not sure they will jsut do the ballast, probably want to change the lamp as well especially if yours is due. be wary of lamps online claiming to be genuine.... I am aware of AVS multiple purchasers who have bought what think are genuine online to only find they are not. clearest indication is swap in the "new" lamp and find its not hugely better than the old one being replaced. 

2 hours ago, Markybee737 said:

Thanks both.  Bought it from my projectorlamps.com.au for $260 roughly...any issues with this supplier?

thanks again will get it looked at.

regards

mark

hi mark, i have never used them to comment :) though worth checking wth @muriwai above as has changed lamps and successfully nad might be able to share on source :) peopels positive feedback on these might be a helpfull jsut given level of variability of stuff out there. :)