Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
SangeethSamrat

Advice to choose a right projector screen, projector mount and HDMI cable

Recommended Posts

Getting the Benq W5700 True 4K UHD projector in a week.

 

I have no clue what kind of projector screen, mount and HDMI cable to buy to get the best out of the projector.

 

Playing a lot of 4K and Full HD content.

 

Im sure about getting a fixed frame one which 110 inches in dimension. But still a variety of screens in different material to choose from and also aspect ratio.

 

Any suggestions?

 

And yes, what kind of HDMI cable to get as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you dont need to go beyond 10m, i would recommend this one. Its cheap and does the job, i use it in my setup and works a treat. Full 4k 60fps no worries. 

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/comsol-high-speed-hdmi-cable-with-ethernet-10m-cohdmi100?&catargetid=620015440000508549&CAPCID=276619275512&cadevice=c&catci=dsa-19959388920&agid=11134085785&CAAGID=11134085785&gclid=Cj0KCQiAjfvwBRCkARIsAIqSWlOy1tPKWTh8HZ_2M0Hfy_sP0dpieCfWmKXqJoLMWpr2Lbr3mA3eUkgaAlJoEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

 

For projector screens, lots of good ones out there. I quite like screens from projectorscreens.com.au the Majestic screens are quite good. I have a motorized screen technics. If i had a fixed screen i would go with a 2.37:1 rather than 16x9 to get better movie experience. Though only get the 2.37:1 screen if you have a motorised projector with lens memory (no idea if the 5700 has that) as it will be a pain to use otherwise. 

As for projector mounts, lots of good ones again. Peerless projector mounts have a good name. Just look for mounts with adjust ability in all directions. 


Hope that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Johnny_Boy the console working with your Epson 9400 passing full bandwidth by sounds :) what sources and avr ?

 

opwith consoles if buy just check works before installing. Definitely an affordable option. I’ve been running few years now, 3-4 years with 4K eshift and now last few months with 4K native. It’s passed all tests thrown at it,

 

if under 10m if can get away with 30ft 9.2m can highly recommend the premium certified mono price from amazon au. If over 10m the rui pro is known option but quite expensive vs other options

 

peerless is good Mount if future proofing for larger projectors eg larger Epson/Sony/jvc otherwise for smaller projectors might be some cheaper options...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, betty boop said:

@Johnny_Boy the console working with your Epson 9400 passing full bandwidth by sounds :) what sources and avr ?

 

opwith consoles if buy just check works before installing. Definitely an affordable option. I’ve been running few years now, 3-4 years with 4K eshift and now last few months with 4K native. It’s passed all tests thrown at it,

 

if under 10m if can get away with 30ft 9.2m can highly recommend the premium certified mono price from amazon au. If over 10m the rui pro is known option but quite expensive vs other options

 

peerless is good Mount if future proofing for larger projectors eg larger Epson/Sony/jvc otherwise for smaller projectors might be some cheaper options...

Running Denon 6200 AVR, HiMedia Q10pro as media player (outputting 60hz 4:2:2 12bit colour) and Panasonic UB420 UHD player. 

Been a good cable I bought on your recommendation when I originally purchased my X5000 

Edited by Johnny_Boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi @Johnny_Boy & @betty boop

 

There is a Projector package on https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/benq-w5700-true-4k-uhd-projector-screen-home-cinema-package.html

This works for me in terms of payment plan. Is the included HDMI cable, screen and mount good?

 

If not I can get a better one.

 

Inclusions as below

BenQ W5700 True 4K UHD Projector & Screen Home Cinema Package

4K Projector:
1 x BenQ W5700 CinePrime True 4K UHD Home Cinema Projector | DCI-P3 Rec.709 | HDR-PRO $0
Choose Screen from 92 - 150 (Inches):
1 x Elegance Screen Symphony 120 Inch 16:9 Fixed Frame Screen-Matte Material $0
Choose Projector Mount:
1 x Audio Dimension PME 45 Ceiling Projector Mount with Adjustable Height-Black $150
Choose HDMI Cable Length:
1 x Audio Dimension 10 Meter Active Fibre Optic HDMI Cable 4K 60Hz HDR 18Gbps $150
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betty boop said:

if under 10m if can get away with 30ft 9.2m can highly recommend the premium certified mono price from amazon au. If over 10m the rui pro is known option but quite expensive vs other options

https://www.ezyhd.com.au/shop/ruipro-hdmi-fibre-cable-15m-4k/

Is it this one? I might need 7m

Heard very good review about this..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SangeethSamrat said:

Hi @Johnny_Boy & @betty boop

 

There is a Projector package on https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/benq-w5700-true-4k-uhd-projector-screen-home-cinema-package.html

This works for me in terms of payment plan. Is the included HDMI cable, screen and mount good?

 

If not I can get a better one.

 

Inclusions as below

BenQ W5700 True 4K UHD Projector & Screen Home Cinema Package

4K Projector:
1 x BenQ W5700 CinePrime True 4K UHD Home Cinema Projector | DCI-P3 Rec.709 | HDR-PRO $0
Choose Screen from 92 - 150 (Inches):
1 x Elegance Screen Symphony 120 Inch 16:9 Fixed Frame Screen-Matte Material $0
Choose Projector Mount:
1 x Audio Dimension PME 45 Ceiling Projector Mount with Adjustable Height-Black $150
Choose HDMI Cable Length:
1 x Audio Dimension 10 Meter Active Fibre Optic HDMI Cable 4K 60Hz HDR 18Gbps $150
 
 

Is there a local retailer know and comfortable working with. Can’t comment on any of the stuff, complete unknowns to me. If you only need 7m get the mono price premium certified from amazon au .. certified to work, cheaper than office works and peace of mind. Don’t need fibre for 7m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, betty boop said:

Is there a local retailer know and comfortable working with. Can’t comment on any of the stuff, complete unknowns to me. If you only need 7m get the mono price premium certified from amazon au .. certified to work, cheaper than office works and peace of mind. Don’t need fibre for 7m

The only reason Im nound to  https://www.digitalcinema.com.au is because they have option for 24 months payment plan with GO master card. (Dont know of any others who give this flexibility)

I had spent all my savings on speakers,  Stereo AMP and AVR 🙂

 

What exactly is this fibre stuff?

 

Let me check out amazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, SangeethSamrat said:

Hi @Johnny_Boy & @betty boop

Is the included HDMI cable, screen and mount good?

 

Choose Screen from 92 - 150 (Inches):

1 x Elegance Screen Symphony 120 Inch 16:9 Fixed Frame Screen-Matte Material $0
Choose Projector Mount:
1 x Audio Dimension PME 45 Ceiling Projector Mount with Adjustable Height-Black $150
Choose HDMI Cable Length:
1 x Audio Dimension 10 Meter Active Fibre Optic HDMI Cable 4K 60Hz HDR 18Gbps $150
 
 

Screen
Only comment about the screen is that the black border is not very black. Can't tell very well from the pictures, but it looks slightly reflective. Ideally you want the frame coating to absorb any light. Not the end of the world, but just a comment. The Majestic screen i suggested does have a black velvet surround that absorbs light very well.

 

Mount

Depends on your situation. The PME 45 sticks down from the roof a minimum of 292mm, thats heaps! No idea what your room is like, maybe you need the projector to be that low. It also doesn't look that adjustable to me. 

 

Cable

The cable mentions 18Gbps in the name (which is what you need) but then mentions hdmi spec 1.4? Very suss. You need hdmi 2.0 18Gbps. The other ruipro from EzyHD is a very good cable. But if you only need 7m, go buy a cheap cable from amazon like Betty Boop suggested, or the office works one. Both will do everything the crazy expensive one will do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my opinion.. listen to what the others have said or just buy from the company that will give you that 24 months interest free.

 

if you have limited yourself to that retailer, with those card conditions then it really wont matter what others say.

 

ok to ask but pointless if you are told here and on whirlpool basically the same advise but cant act on it.

 

have you made calls to other retailers? people arent going to research that card/retailers for you, why not call the card company and ask them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hopefullguy said:

my opinion.. listen to what the others have said or just buy from the company that will give you that 24 months interest free.

 

if you have limited yourself to that retailer, with those card conditions then it really wont matter what others say.

 

ok to ask but pointless if you are told here and on whirlpool basically the same advise but cant act on it.

 

have you made calls to other retailers? people arent going to research that card/retailers for you, why not call the card company and ask them?

Not really. Im 100% buying projector from retailer with payment option.

But Im flexible on the rest, i:e Projector Screen, HDMI Cable and Mount.

 

If what is included in the package as shown in the above post is not good I will be buying them separately.

And the title of the thread says "

Advice to choose a right projector screen, projector mount and HDMI cable

"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Johnny_Boy said:

Screen
Only comment about the screen is that the black border is not very black. Can't tell very well from the pictures, but it looks slightly reflective. Ideally you want the frame coating to absorb any light. Not the end of the world, but just a comment. The Majestic screen i suggested does have a black velvet surround that absorbs light very well.

 

Mount

Depends on your situation. The PME 45 sticks down from the roof a minimum of 292mm, thats heaps! No idea what your room is like, maybe you need the projector to be that low. It also doesn't look that adjustable to me. 

 

Cable

The cable mentions 18Gbps in the name (which is what you need) but then mentions hdmi spec 1.4? Very suss. You need hdmi 2.0 18Gbps. The other ruipro from EzyHD is a very good cable. But if you only need 7m, go buy a cheap cable from amazon like Betty Boop suggested, or the office works one. Both will do everything the crazy expensive one will do. 

Thanks @Johnny_Boy for valuable suggestions.

 

I had a deeper looks.

For the screen it says specifically " Velour fixed frame sides " which says.

 

Maximum Border Absorption Comes Standard

Whereas others ship out screens with semi-reflective hard surface borders that only partially mask light overflow and demand surcharges for a properly masked border, all Symphony screens come standard with seamlessly applied Velour borders that are fully absorbant to give you the sharpest visual edges out of the box – because we care.

 

And cable is basically this one https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/audio-dimension-10-meter-active-fibre-optic-hdmi-cable-4k-60hz-hdr-18gbps.html

Edited by SangeethSamrat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SangeethSamrat said:

Thanks @Johnny_Boy for valuable suggestions.

 

I had a deeper looks.

For the screen it says specifically " Velour fixed frame sides " which says.

 

Maximum Border Absorption Comes Standard

Whereas others ship out screens with semi-reflective hard surface borders that only partially mask light overflow and demand surcharges for a properly masked border, all Symphony screens come standard with seamlessly applied Velour borders that are fully absorbant to give you the sharpest visual edges out of the box – because we care.

 

And cable is basically this one https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/audio-dimension-platinum-high-speed-hdmi-cable-ethernet-arc-3d.html

Glad the screen is what you are after.


Just a FYI, the cable you linked is not what is listed in the package. It is https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/audio-dimension-ha1810-premium-speed-4k-hdr-18g-arc-hdmi-cable-10-meter.html

But my previous comment stands, the cable does not mention it is hdmi 2.0 specification, only 1.4 is mentioned. It might be fine, it might not. Either-way i would get the company to confirm 

 

 

Edited by Johnny_Boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shelf mount the pj

officeworks cable (easy to return)

screen... not sure what one you are looking at, the $499 one?

 

i would be more concerned with the wall, ceiling and floor colour around the screen.. as long the screen is black flocked and not just painted on it should be fine.

 

sorry for post before, didnt mean to be a dick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @hopefullguy & @Johnny_Boy

 

Finally ordered the package for 5K from digitalcinema.

 

BenQ W5700 
Elegance Screen Symphony 120 Inch 16:9 Fixed Frame Screen-Matte Material
Audio Dimension PME 45 Ceiling Projector Mount with Adjustable Height-
Audio Dimension 10 Meter Active Fibre Optic HDMI Cable 4K 60Hz HDR 18Gbps
Marantz CD5005 Compact Disc Player

 

Hope the experience will be good, fingers crossed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 17/01/2020 at 2:32 PM, Johnny_Boy said:

Glad the screen is what you are after.


Just a FYI, the cable you linked is not what is listed in the package. It is https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/audio-dimension-ha1810-premium-speed-4k-hdr-18g-arc-hdmi-cable-10-meter.html

But my previous comment stands, the cable does not mention it is hdmi 2.0 specification, only 1.4 is mentioned. It might be fine, it might not. Either-way i would get the company to confirm 

 

 

This is cable I included with package

https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/audio-dimension-10-meter-active-fibre-optic-hdmi-cable-4k-60hz-hdr-18gbps.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...