jeffreyw

SOLD: FS: RME ADI-2 DAC fs

Item: RME ADI-2 DAC fs
Price: $1300
Item Condition: Mint
Reason for selling: Don't use my desktop anymore 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
Extra Info: 

This DAC has barely been used,  maybe a total of 50 hours of use. Its an exceptional piece of technology with possibly the darkest background I've ever encountered and pretty much immune to external power issues. Perfect as a pre-amp or a headphone amplifier for extremely sensitive portables like Campfire Audio's lineup. 

Selling because I just do not use my desktop anymore. I mainly use my laptop with a portable Leckerton IEM amplifier or use a HT receiver.

I will provide everything the ADI-2 DAC comes with:

• original packaging
  • original locking power adapter
  • USB cable
  • remote & battery
  • very large and comprehensive user manual

In the photos you might notice dust on the LCD screen. Be assured that there is no damage to the unit itself, I have placed a soft plastic screen protector intended for pen-based data controllers on the LCD screen from day one. Any dust you might see is simply due to the less than perfect installation. I have left it on the unit as the glossy plastic appears to be the type that scratches from the mere touch of a microfiber cloth. 

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

_DSC0473.JPG

_DSC0474.JPG

_DSC0475.JPG

_DSC0477.JPG

Edited by jeffreyw

Excellent unit. 

I have one myself. 
Fantastic EQ adjustability on board for all outputs. 
You can save as presets, etc. 

It also has adjustable Ref output on its line and xlr outputs. Very handy for amplifier matching. 

use as a preamp into power amps. 
excellent headphone stage too. 
IEM output is very clean. 

yeh i use the adi2 pro, as an audio interface for recording at home. rme converters are the best.

nothing i have used has even come close. even the ps audio stuff i have heard still doesnt compare to rme. someone should definitely get this

I’m a massive fan of this unit too. Incredible sound and extremely musical. As audiophiles we can get caught up in the hype and mystery of esoteric gear. Embrace the developments gained in the pro audio world! I use this as my preamp, highly recommended. Somebody should pick this up. GLWTS

3 minutes ago, timsky said:

I’m a massive fan of this unit too. Incredible sound and extremely musical. As audiophiles we can get caught up in the hype and mystery of esoteric gear. Embrace the developments gained in the pro audio world! I use this as my preamp, highly recommended. Somebody should pick this up. GLWTS

Have you tried this as a preamp using either balanced or unbalanced? Which sounds better in your opinion?

I have various preamps but none have balanced outputs. I'm curious to try this because I have various power amps that have balanced inputs? 

4 minutes ago, jellyman said:

Have you tried this as a preamp using either balanced or unbalanced? Which sounds better in your opinion?

I have various preamps but none have balanced outputs. I'm curious to try this because I have various power amps that have balanced inputs? 

Sounds amazing either way. Highly recommended 

From the manual:https://www.archiv.rme-audio.de/download/adi2dac_e.pdf

Points from manual: 

To maintain the full dynamic range within the best operating level, discrete 4-stage reference level settings were realized for maximum dynamic range (-5, +1, +7, +13 dBu). The digital volume control of the ADI-2 DAC operates distortion free over a range of 190 dB, therefore does not cause any tampering of the sound.

SNR and THD values as well as frequency response are nearly identical on all analog outputs.

Note: XLR provides a 6 dB higher output level in all settings, equalling +1 dBu up to +19 dBu. For Auto Ref Level see next chapter.

I'm surprised this hasn't been snapped up yet.

If you're looking for an open window to your music this is the one. Flavour to taste with amps, preamps and cables.

Glwts.