pdcoo7

SOLD: FS: Cubox I4 pro SBC Volumio streamer

Item: Cubox i4 pro
Price: $80
Item Condition:used
Reason for selling:NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3% or as friend, COD Only
Extra Info: This Cubox i4 pro is equivalent in performance to a RPI 3, but unlike an RPI, it has a handy digital optical out (24Bit/192KHz). It is currently running Volumio on the 8GB microSD card and comes complete with a 2 amp 5 VDC power supply.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pdcoo7
      Item: Asus Eeebox computer
      Price: 60
      Item Condition: used
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: This small form factor computer has an Atom processor and 4 GB RAM and 320GB HDD which has been re imaged to operate as a Volumio server/player. Just add your favourite external USB DAC and start playing your digital music files.
      Don't want to do that? Just re install Win 7 COA sticker is valid. Well spec'd little computer for anything else, includes power adapter. 

Pictures:

• By pdcoo7
      Item: See list below
      Price: see below
      Item Condition:
      Reason for selling:
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal as friend, COD Only
      Extra Info:
       1) Gigabyte BXBT-1900 (NUC computer running Vortexbox 2.4, 250GB SSD(M-Sata in adapter ) 2GB DDR3 Memory
      Music left on it if you like  $100

2) RPI 3 in aluminium casing with internal CPU heat-sink and aluminium feet(Blue tacked on)
      Running Volumio on 8GB. Had this running on mains powerboard USB so RPI and micro power cable only. $70

3) Cubox i4 Pro (top specs version)   Running Volumio and will include hifimediy sabre usb dac (also as USB/SPDIF converter) and quality Monster cable 3.5mm to stereo RCA  $120

• By pdcoo7
      Item: Vero 
      Price: 120 posted
      Item Condition: used
      Reason for selling: clearing gadget/projects
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3% or as friend, COD Only
      Extra Info: This Vero  is a small 2" cubed computer also known as Cubox i supplied by SolidRun, which is designed for running Kodi software using OSMC as the locally developed Linux based OS.
      Basically this will allow you to stream Full HD 1080P movies using Kodi from your computer or other networked devices.
      This device claims to be the world's smallest computer and though similar to the Raspberry Pi-2, it is more powerful (CuBox i2eX), and it has a handy SPDIF optical output.
      With my interest being mainly in audio, I have successfully reflashed the SD card to a Volumio player and have been using the optical output. The wall wart that is supplied is not particularly conducive
      to great quality sound and improving the power supply will provide you with a great little streamer. 

Pictures:

• By museumplanning
      Hi All,
         Typically I listen to Linn Jazz on Volumio > Raspberry Pi with Hifiberry Digi + > TDA1387 DAC > JHL Headphone Amp > Sennheiser HD650, sounds great.

But, when I try to listen to audio files on a USB plugged into the Raspberry Pi, the sound quality is not as good as Volumio radio.  If I listen to the same audio files on a DSP they sound great.  Have tried different files types and besides the lesser sound quality, there is a slight hum / noise on some tracks.  I assume the hum / noise is a grounding issue (?).

Is this a common issue with RPI & Digi + ? Will an separate power supply for the Digi + be of assistance ?  Or do I need to look into other inexpensive file players ?

Thank you !  
    • By ThirdDrawerDown
      Have I missed anything with this proposed set-up?  I'm finally pulling the trigger and taking the plunge into digital audio.

Flac files on a portable hard drive > USB out OR network cable OR wifi > Cubox > optical out> Marantz DAC as part of Marantz SA 14S1 >preamp> amp> speakers

Cubox:  http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox-i-mini-computer/

Software: https://volumio.org/

Optical out: Silflex (Lifatec) Glass Toslink Cable  (with thanks to @Duke40)

Marantz: http://www.audiophilia.com/wp/?p=12627

$100 US + postage for the Cubox device; Setup $50/hour, 1 hour max; Optical Cable say $100

My digital nerd says “it would just play all of your FLAC files on your main PC over the network.  It would be cheaper, much more discreet and lower power for the same quality as running a full PC.

The cubox has wifi built in so should be able to be set up to run without a network cable.

You could either connect the portable hard drive either to the cubox or the PC. I would recommend to the pc to avoid clutter. The Cubox would then get the music from there and add it to its library.

The Cubox has optical out for audio.  I think it's better for your needs than the Raspberry Pi.

As for the interface, it would just be a web page you would visit from any device on the network. So you could select music from your PC, tablet or even smart phone anywhere in the house as long as it is connected to the same network (wifi). This would still let you use the PC for this as you like the large screen and keyboard/mouse.

You do not need to create playlists if you do not want and can just select songs from artists or just play artists or there are many ways to play a selection of music on the fly.“

The home network has 3 PCs, broadband internet and runs Windows 7.  The Cubox would be running the Linux flavour that underpins Volumio.