Spinnergeoff

SOLD: Heavy Technics DD Turntable with Acos-Lustre arm

Item: Technics DD Turntable SL-1100 modified
Price: $895
Item Condition: good, see photos
Reason for selling: I have three DD turntables
Payment Method: Cash or Direct Deposit
Extra Info: 

The SL-110/1100 were made by Technics back in the late 1970s and were bigger and heavier than the DJ standard SL-1200. More of a purist stereo turntable, particularly as they were often modified. The SL-110 came with a timber armboard but without an arm, while the SL-1100 had a metal armboard and a fairly unimpressive standard Technics arm.

With Technics making a new generation of its extremely popular direct drive turntables – costing thousands of course – and reintroducing them to Australia, I can say that this has been a superb turntable for my music enjoyment. The heavy platter gives a stable speed, and I have not heard that rather obscure thing called “cogging” which might have been more noticeable in some of the lesser brands or more lightly built models on the market in the 1970s/1980s. There have been a number of superb direct drive turntables, many only sold in Japan or Europe. Apart from Technics there have been excellent models from Denon, Luxman, JVC, Goldmund, Dual and Nakamichi.

This one, originally a SL-1100, has seen some changes in its lifetime. I’ve had it for about ten years, bought it incomplete, and have refurbished aspects of it over that time. It’s now fitted with an Acos-Lustre arm (nice) and a plywood arm board (basic but quite ok). You can get custom arm boards made by a chap in Germany for around $300 if you want to glitz it up – see this ebay ad: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tone-Arm-Panel-for-Technics-SL-110-1100/332955230922?hash=item4d85ada2ca:g:9vUAAOSwXI1cFVFc

I also had made the heavy duty lid which cost heaps! Included also are a dust bug, CEC-Micro (I think) cartridge, and 45rpm centre adaptor. Leads are Thorens (Swiss) which plug in to the arm's under-column with the normal 5-pin plug. UPDATE: I've added another arm board to this offer, heavily made, plywood, could suit for other arms, bonus!

This is way beyond what $895 will buy you in new turntables, and could be further improved/upgraded with whatever arm, arm board and cartridge you’d like to use.  

Delivery: pickup preferred from Sydney or I can possibly meet in Goulburn/Canberra area. Freight: at buyers risk and expense - turntables are tricky to freight. Cost will depend on final packed weight and size.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

DSC_7152.JPG

DSC_7160.JPG

DSC_7154.JPG

DSC_7158.JPG

DSC_7157.JPG

DSC_7159.JPG

DSCF6731.JPG

DSCF6791.JPG

DSCF6792.JPG

Edited by Spinnergeoff
add photos

stunnergeoff!

GLWTS

D

This guy is an enthusiast. Not sure if this is also the table he had a Dynavector arm on back in the day, but you can buy with confidence.

Great buy.

Amazed this is still not sold.  I wish I had space for this - a classic . 

GLWTS. 

I'm travelling from Goulburn to Melbourne next week if that helps anyone.