Sign in to follow this  
hbaruas

2020 Yamaha AVRs with HDMI 2.1 -Rumor Mill

From the Webpage :

No HDMI 2.1 receivers were officially announced at CES 2020 but Yamaha's 2020 line-up of Aventage receivers will seemingly be one of the first to arrive with HDMI 2.1. The Yamaha RX-A8 (11 channels), RX-A6 (9 channels), RX-A4 (7 channels) and RX-A2 (7 channels) were detailed in a now-removed video and summarized in German Hi Fi forum."

For those who understand German , here is a link to the German Hi Fi forum post.

Edited by hbaruas
Tags

Im more interested in whether they have improved YPAO, especially in the lower frequencies.

8 hours ago, hopefullguy said:

yamaha always playing catch up.. pass

Why do you say that ?

I don't think any other manufacturer has released HDMI 2.1 AVR's yet.

marantz for instance haven't released hdmi2.1 just promised an upgrade on flagship models..

am not aware of anything real;y hdmi 2.1

keeping in mind hdmi 2.1 is a feature set. so they might just enable capability or compatibility of one feature... though can say it is hdmi 2.1 doesnt mean it meets entire spec....or fully capable :)

anyways good yamaha is not going down beaten track with look of their avrs... look like a new breed :)

its far too early with hdmi 2.1 also has very little impact on most i woudl suggest bar some small few playing games with variable or high frame rate. or wanting new version of hdmi control that never ever properly worked in prior editions... yes cynical... oems always looking for an excuse to get folk to turn gear over... that said its quite possible Yamaha are also going al lout with new range and improving on prior sonically and such... so may not be all about hdmi 2.1 

They will all have 2.1 soon though tempered by some 2.1 features already available like E-ARC with d#m holdings models which echoes whats been said.

The top line avr has added 2 extra power amps to feed 7.1.4 without an addon it seems ;  no mention of auro3d and the channel count has stalled from some generations ago .Class D amps would help with that.  Whats the odds it still has useless analogue video inputs still ? They have looked at the Emo pre pros and said yeah a big volume pot in the middle looks good B| 

I've been a fan of Yamaha since I began my HT journey. My first AVR was the Yamaha 795a. Fairly low in their model range but hey I just started working full time!

I have not had a Yamaha since this model, I would go back to the brand if they improved their sub EQ. I think they build some nice AVR's ,pre-pro with great build quality and reliability. Not sure I'm a fan of their new look though.

I remember going into a store a couple of years ago ( I think it was Audio Trends) and the salesman said if you want an exciting sound then go with Yamaha, if it's room correction you're looking for then go with Anthem.

Edited by Mr_Gadget

On 15/01/2020 at 7:43 PM, hbaruas said:

Why do you say that ?

I don't think any other manufacturer has released HDMI 2.1 AVR's yet.

I cant really understand why noone has jumped on this yet, with a large amount of people holding off until its released, its a good chance to snag a large chunk of new customers and sales.

sorry looking at yamaha avrs in general not just the flagship.. the 2nd in line still only has 9 preouts the 3rd in line gets 7.. thats poor when the mid denon 3600 gets 11 channels of processing.

maybe 2.1 is important but so is the need for expanding the system in your room.

i remember the rxa3040 being released with atmos only and people being sucked into buying it only to have denon/onkyo release dtsx/atmos in their avrs.. couldnt get half your money back less than 12 months of owning a 3040 as yammy announced the 3050 would have atmos/dtsx during that time.. they seem to always lag.

this time maybe different but if they dont match say the 3600 in their so call top 3 whats the point?

On 14/01/2020 at 8:41 AM, hbaruas said:

For those who understand German , here is a link to the German Hi Fi forum post.

There is some info here on this thread:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3115936-yamaha-aventage-rx-a8-rx-a6-rx-a4-rx-a2-new-2020-models.html

Edit: Sorry no additional info in the thread above.

https://en24.news/2020/01/yamaha-2020-av-receivers-support-hdmi-2-1-allm-qms-and-vrr.html

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hifi-forum.de%2Fviewthread-276-8366.html

Edited by bizzibee