ampup

Welcome Ross, i have read your next post, answer, the post stays in the section posted, you can post in any section it's just the classifieds that need more posts to be accessible, unfortunately scammers know no bounds. Keep reading, this will streamline your decision making and hopefully get you some nice gear at reasonable cost, good luck.

On 13/01/2020 at 10:36 AM, ampup said:

It is great to see a local forum. I am new to HiFi. As previously have had my output from a computer. So a lot to learn.

I too have been playing via PC and streaming using PLEX. but after buying my turntable and I think finally getting it setup properly (no more channel drop outs) I've now realised what I've been missing all these years

Thank You for your replies.

I guess, sum people may find it interesting to see the different approaches to get around the computer sound card issues. This very issue is what drove me to buy an Amp and CD Player.

I have bought an integrated amp that has a PC-USB digital input. This is designed to accept the digital signal from a PC, and works well.

When I play the CD Player, in some music I can hear instruments for the first time. Which I was very happy with, as my equipment is very low end.