Sign in to follow this  
Jovan.s1987

Audio Question

Current Setup is an LG smart TV, HDMI out into my Yamaha AV receiver. I watch & listen to my content through the apple tv or chromecast, both of which are hooked into the receiver.

If I want to access apps through the TV, so the native Netflix app on the TV for instance, I get no sound - what's the easiest solution?

Should add, the toslink optical input is being used on the receiver from my Google Audio Chromecast. 

I would look at your manual for the LG TV particularly its audio settings, see the link below. You should be able to find a option to choose optical out, as the default likely is the TV speaker, rather than optical out that you need 

https://www.lg.com/hk_en/support/product-help/CT20136005-1437129397190-others

Thanks. I figured it out & bout an optical cable to hook the two up. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gregory13
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on pickup. Reason for selling: Looking to upgrade Further information: Best sounding audio player at this price point. No longer being sold in store. Condition is excellent. I have taken great care of it (as I do with all my items). Includes all accessories (paperwork, box, screen protector etc) and a silicon and leather case. Purchased from an authorized dealer. Original receipt can be provided. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Sydney based with postage available if required.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Ralfi
      Price: $500 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Caroline Springs State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information: 
      1080p, 58” Plasma Television. Kept in excellent condition, with original remote, documents & box!
      There isn’t a better kept TV of this age around.
      Stand hardly used - TV was wall mounted for the majority of the time.

Photos:

• By SBM
      Hi Guys , 
      I am using a vintage Rotel integrated amplifier to power by stereo speakers and noticed that one channel is 10db louder than the other.

Is that because of the amplifier is old?
      Using the same speaker cables on left and  right speakers. Connected via mobile using the RCA cable.

Attached the measurements using the db meter. It's approximate only.

Thanks

• By hipnhop
      Item: Sennheiser RS 195 Wireless Headphone System
      Price: $349
      Item Condition: NEW Factory sealed
      Reason for selling: Unwanted Gift
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Item is brand new, dont need it because my TV support bluetooth, retails for over $600+
      Prefer pick up, can post for extra.

• By Swart042
      🎄It's Christmas, I would  consider any reasonable offers!🎄

you can pick it up today and listen to great music toning!  Also including cables as per picture.

Item: Kef and Marantz surround sound system
      Price: Originally advertised for $6900 retail $9200 25% off
      Item Condition: Brand new, never been opened, have the original receipts
      Reason for selling: Financial fundrasing
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD and buyer pays for shipment if not picked up
      Extra Info:
      KEF Q400B centre speaker retail $800
      KEF Q 200C bookshelf speakers  retail $800
      KEF Q 300 subwoofer retail $1000 
      KEF Q 700 floor speakers (black oak) retail $2300
      MARANTZ UD7007 AMPLIFIER retail $1100
      MARANTZ 7009 MEDIA PLAYER retail $3200

This system is new we have never opened the boxes never used any of the items.  It would suite a music lover that loves good quality sound.  We are selling as we need to raise money to repatriate a dog stuck in transit overseas.  Please don't make an offer if you are not serious and please be reasonable.  This is NEW, it's just not in the shop anymore, the packaging has never been cut open. If you would like to buy seperate items please message me.