DTQWT Build :)

Hi All

Just got all my bits for the DTQWT Troels diy speaker kit I cant wait till I start on the cabs have been searching for Birch ply or Queensland hoop pine ply called two places but all they have is exterior ply I dont know if there is much difference between the two exterior or interior I think they use different glues to bond the ply .

Any way uploaded some pics of the drivers,waveguide and xover parts al I can say every thing on this project is huge .I am hoping to start the cabs over Easter :nana.;)

I could'nt help it Keith I have been contemplating this project for some time now ....QWT quater wave tube ...as for the woofers they are the Eminence 2510 Deltalite Neodymium 10 inch I did look at the 12inch but they are a big cab and I think the 10inch version will be more than enough .

I could'nt help it Keith I have been contemplating this project for some time now ....QWT quater wave tube ...as for the woofers they are the Eminence 2510 Deltalite Neodymium 10 inch I did look at the 12inch but they are a big cab and I think the 10inch version will be more than enough .

I think the 10" drivers will be more than big enough mate.............otherwise you wouldn't only be painting, you'd be knocking walls out as well. Good luck with the build......already I can't wait!!

Edit: I knew what QWT stood for mate.........he has three or four on his site and I was asking which one you were going to build.:nana

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

Hi Pat

Looking forward to see this project come together :nana:thumb:.If all else fails you could use Australian compliance marine ply .What thickness ply are you after and how many sheets to do the build .Are you going to go with a the ply finish or paint over it .

Cheers

Thanks Keith its the dtqwt mk2 kit it is his latest tweaked version .

Hi Mal I found a place in Seaford Marine Timbers they sell Birch ply for diy speaker building will give them a call tomorrow as for size I think 25mm for the front and rear and the rest will be 18mm so I will need 2 sheets of 18mm ,one of 25mm as for finish I am going the ply finish look or maybe the bubinga veneer not sure yet .

Hi Dave not sure what's wrong with the email side; not to worry.

Fury I have called a couple of places today and one place quoted me $220 for the 25mm, $170 for the 18mm and another just have exterior birch ply is cheaper 18mm$128, 24mm $162.

Now there is a speaker I'd like to hear! I'll be watching with interest, having read about this speaker some time ago. For those who haven't seen it, it's a speaker designed by Troels Gravesen:

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/JA8008_DTQWT.htm

featuring a driver that he designed in collaborating with Seas:

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/JA8008.htm

Now there is a speaker I'd like to hear! I'll be watching with interest, having read about this speaker some time ago.

I'm very exited to see someone local's taking these on....

Please post plenty of detailed updates.

My motivation is very similar to Dirty's. We are currently searching for a new house and, pending room size, these are at the top of my list for next build. Failing finding a house with a room big enough to do them justice I guess I'll have to 'settle' for some Jazzman's. The links on Troels website from successful builders are pretty inspiring and the fact that he rates them as his best to date is far from faint praise.

The hardest part of construction appears to be accurate mitre cuts, sort that out and master a biscuit joiner then just choose your finish, it's easy isn't it.... :-)

Not sure if you've seen this link http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/JA8008_DTQWT_files/DTQWT_drawings.pdf It may be of some use

When I have them finished Paul Spencer your welcome for a listen .

I have it all ready the drawings of the cabs, the cabs are a bit of work that's the fun of DIY :( Jone5y .

Could be a few of us likely to wander around for a listen. :)

dirty.

When I have them finished Paul Spencer your welcome for a listen .

I have it all ready the drawings of the cabs, the cabs are a bit of work that's the fun of DIY :) Jone5y .

I look forward to it, sounds like there will be a few others interested as well.

Hi Mal she isn't supposed to know yet not till the project is up and running ;)

I told Mrs56 I was building a 3way stand mount that will sit on a coffee table ,and it just happens to have a 15" driver mounted into it :).

Pat did you try Fox Hay in Port Melbourne for the ply

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...