Surprise surprise.

So, got home from work sat down and chucked on some tunes while I caught up on some paperwork. Two songs in and the paperwork was put down and I got sucked into the music. Sat there for at least half a dozen songs amazed at how good the system was sounding.

Thought it must have just been one of those good days. Then I remembered that we had our old power meter replaced with a new digital meter today by Western Power ready for solar.

Could this make a difference? Surely not.

Could this be expectation bias even though I didn’t expect it or had totally forgot it was installed?

Am I just imagining things or am I just going loopy?

What are people’s thoughts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

So, got home from work sat down and chucked on some tunes while I caught up on some paperwork. Two songs in and the paperwork was put down and I got sucked into the music. Sat there for at least half a dozen songs amazed at how good the system was sounding.

Thought it must have just been one of those good days. Then I remembered that we had our old power meter replaced with a new digital meter today by Western Power ready for solar.

Could this be expectation bias even though I didn’t expect it or had totally forgot it was installed?

You've gone loopy?  :lol:

Andy

• Like 1

Solar power sound warmer. 

water power sound neural and crisp. 

I’m sure. 

and I cannot wait to try the nuclear power, will be very punchy, great sound stage and bass control. 

yes I’m sure! ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There shouldn’t be any plausible reason I know, but I’m happy it was sounding good. 

Could reterminating the cables possibly make a difference? The old meter was installed when Moses was a boy, it was pretty old.

2 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

There shouldn’t be any plausible reason I know, but I’m happy it was sounding good. 

Could reterminating the cables possibly make a difference? The old meter was installed when Moses was a boy, it was pretty old.

Perhaps you were just feeling mellow?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pops110 said:

I turned mine at 3.30 and thought the same Dave.  Voltage was 235, I've got the Adelaides dialed in at long last and have just recently started plugging the amp direct to the dedicated line instead of the Dectet.

The Perth grid is having one of it's good days.

Edited by deanB

Seems like my attempt at humour was either far too subtle, or just a complete failure.:)

the word metre is a unit of measurement.

The word meter is the device to which your electrical circuits connect

• Like 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, rantan said:

Seems like my attempt at humour was either far too subtle, or just a complete failure.:)

Hmmm …. kids eh? What DO they teach them at school?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, rantan said:

Unless you're American and then for some reason they even feel obliged to misspell the unit of measure they don't even use themselves. It's almost like they're doing it to spite us.

• Like 2

On 18/01/2020 at 2:36 PM, Ittaku said:

Unless you're American and then for some reason they even feel obliged to misspell the unit of measure they don't even use themselves. It's almost like they're doing it to spite us.

Given that an American gallon is different to everyone else's gallon, I'm surprised that their inch is the same!

20 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

What about the new metre?

1

It's now the length of the path travelled by light in a vacuum in 1299,792,458 of a second.

Edited by Ittaku
  • Like 1

• Volunteer
1 hour ago, Ittaku said:

1

It's now the length of the path travelled by light in a vacuum in 1299,792,458 of a second.

Is that a new second or an old one :)