Wharfedale EVO 4 and Elysian Series

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I just bought a pair of Wharfedale evo 4.1, currently running on yamaha wxa-50, felt the vocal is bit thin. which amplifier shall i upgrade to? I heard audiolab 6000a transformer having humm issue, should I be concerned? Also would Audiolab M-ONE to be a good match with evo 4.1 ?

Thanks

3 hours ago, leon0001 said:

Hi

I just bought a pair of Wharfedale evo 4.1, currently running on yamaha wxa-50, felt the vocal is bit thin. which amplifier shall i upgrade to? I heard audiolab 6000a transformer having humm issue, should I be concerned? Also would Audiolab M-ONE to be a good match with evo 4.1 ?

Thanks

Havent had any issues with the current 6000A amps and this would be a lovely match for the 4.1. Would also recommend the Rega Brio-R. The tweeter will need some hours on it to settle in and lose a little bit of stridency in the top end.

Edited by Frank Prowse Hi-Fi

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Retro aesthetics are the thing these days and it looks neat and tidy.

I have to admit though, that I am very surprised that the Leak amplifier can drive the 4.4 to their full potential.

I think the 4.4 are one of the best kept secrets.

Edited by rantan
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

I agree with this 100%.

Just great speakers and I have been experiencing seller's remorse for months now.:classic_sad:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...