Sonos to sue google

Amazon and Google are complete arseholes. They seem to have copied the Chinese business model. Copy, steal, make zillions from other peoples efforts and then counter sue and lie through your teeth when you get caught. Oh yeah and avoid your tax responsibilities at all cost. They are parasites of the highest order.....and they spy on their customers.

I will never buy anything through Amazon whose workplace practices are virtually a first world version of third world slave practices. In fact, the whole 'gig economy' concept is just a fraudulent first world version of the slave trade. These organisations have taken wage theft to new levels and 'productivity efficiencies' into unsustainable realms.

I use Google's search engine because it's the best and do realise they are collecting data from me but I can live with that for the service they provide. As for 'their' products.....no. If I wanted to be listened to and effectively spied on in my own home (which will never happen bar from my phone), I would buy Sonos products.....at least they actually designed and developed them.

These lazy, dishonest internet behemoths need taking down......I wish Sonos all the best in their quest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chill3 said:

In the US patients can cover a detailed technical ideas, not restricted to hate ware, it’s a massive industry, there are literally companies worth hundreds of millions that have never produced a single tech product, they either just register patients or buy them then sue any one that comes up with the same idea. Patients can  be in the hundred for a single product, in the case Sonos have over 100 individual patients on there speakers alone

Patents :)      Hardware, not hate ware :)    Still don't see how you can patent an idea.  Should only be able to patent the implementation.

19 minutes ago, stevoz said:

I use Google's search engine because it's the best and do realise they are collecting data from me but I can live with that for the service they provide.

I've started using https://start.duckduckgo.com/ and seem to get almost the same results as Google without them tracking me or stealing my information.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

I'll bet they aren't.  They are smart enough not to be caught doing that, I would have thought.

Smart enough? Power and smarts are not to be confused. Just look at Trump......actually, this analogy fits these tech companies to a tee.

Rich and crooked greedy bully/cowards who rely on their wealth to protect themselves via a wealth biased  'legal' system.

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, blybo said:

Obviously Sonos believe Google are using their technology

I'll bet they aren't.  They are smart enough not to be caught doing that, I would have thought.

These posts miss a vital distinction. It is quite possible that Google could be using Sonos patented technology, and believing they are smart enough to not get caught. (Or big enough to not get called out on it, see the last page of Ars comments about motion sensor technology)

I am willing to take this bet.

Edited by ThirdDrawerDown
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

I have switched to Duck Duck Go  and I don't think I am missing much.  Works as well as Google for me.

Until somewhere down the line we find out that they too became a behemoth by selling private info. The unfortunate reality is, without advertising and information sales, most tech companies are not financially viable, even the big ones. The big tech companies know this and so expansion is difficult without poaching other companies. If ever a tech company gives you something for free (search, social media, etc.), there is a cost, and that cost is everything you do, say, and who you are. The only way to avoid this is to throw away your phone and computer, and pay by cash.

Edited by t_mike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

Until somewhere down the line we find out that they too became a behemoth by selling private info. The unfortunate reality is, without advertising and information sales, most tech companies are not financially viable, even the big ones. The big tech companies know this and so expansion is difficult without poaching other companies. If ever a tech company gives you something for free (search, social media, etc.), there is a cost, and that cost is everything you do, say, and who you are. The only way to avoid this is to throw away your phone and computer, and pay by cash.

Too late to go back.

• 11 months later...