Kyron

FS: Yamaha CD-S3000 – CD/SACD Player & DAC

Item: Yamaha CD-S3000 – CD/SACD Player & DAC
Location: South East Queensland – Can assist with interstate courier POA
Price: $4,750 inc GST or near offer. Shipping POA
Item Condition: Excellent 2nd Hand condition
Payment Method: Cash on pick-up, Paypal, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Extra Info: 

The CD-S3000 CD/SACD player delivers the ultimate in audio performance with a newly designed disc drive mechanism which eliminates vibrations and new digital/analogue circuits to ensure data loss is minimised.

The player is very versatile and can be used as a DAC with 3 extra digital inputs including a USB interface provided. I was blown away with the build quality and weight of this player… it is heavy! With features such as the aluminium tray with protective mounts for the disk, the rigid chassis, the DAC with balanced outputs, and the remote control that also controls the matching amplifier, one cannot fail to be impressed with the overall looks and function of this player.

There are some marks on the player, the most noticeable being a scratch on the top surface. This is not easy to photograph under most lighting conditions, however I did manage to highlight it in one of the photos. You will see that the grooves through the top panel have been lit up and are almost white instead of black in order for me to get the camera to reveal the scratch. There are a couple of other minor marks too, however this unit is in good used condtion.

From the review linked below: The performance of the Yamaha CD-S3000 on Newport Test Labs’ test bench was faultless. This is an outstanding CD/SACD player. The build quality, which I normally don’t comment on, but feel forced to in this case, is simply astoundingly good. I was open-mouthed with admiration. Steve Holding

If you are after a one box solution for CD, SACD and DAC that looks incredible and is built like a tank look no further. If purchased with the matching A-S3000 integrated amplifier (see separate listing) I will throw in a pair of balanced interconnects to hook them up.

This was recently traded and is being sold at well below the RRP of $7,499. Also part of the trade were a Yamaha integrated amplifier and a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica III loudspeakers which are listed separately and pair very well with this player. I am happy to talk about a package price for the whole system.

Reviews

https://i.nextmedia.com.au/Assets/yamaha_CD-S3000_sacd_player_review_test.pdf

ymha_cd_1.jpg

ymha_cd_6.jpg

ymha_cd_2.jpg

ymha_cd_3.jpg

ymha_cd_5.jpg

ymha_cd_7.jpg

ymha_cd_8.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The Skorr
      Item Condition: In excellent condition. As new. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Eden Hills State: South Australia Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: It was for a new system set up in my lounge but due to renovation changes it will not go ahead. Further information:

This moon integrated amp was purchased brand new back in July 2019 at a well known HiFi store here in Adelaide.
      It was meant for a system set up upstairs at my property but this never came into existence due to renovations. (I had bought several items for a complete set up, Dyns special 40’s, Sub 600, the Moon amp and Oppo 105D. I am looking to sell some of these items here). It has unfortunately sat in the box for more than a year waiting for the right moment to be set up. But this will now not happen. I have literary turned it on for around 30 to 40 min of play time so I could at least listen to it once then I packed it up in the box again. So it is in absolute Micky Mouse condition. Not a speck of a mark on it. Sad really but at least I can sell it to someone who’ll enjoy it.
      Feels heavy and has excellent build quality. The sound had real bass definition, a very large sound stage and the mid range had great tonal balance and that’s without break in.
      I would rather sell locally but happy to post. Must pay for postage though.

Design features
      -An oversized power supply using a custom toroidal transformer design
      -5 line-level inputs including a front-mounted 1/8" mini-jack for personal media players
      -Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack located on the front panel
      -Proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity resulting in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction
      -50W/ch
      -Heat-sink free design incorporating an aluminum chassis for evenly distributed heat dissipation
      -RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
      -IR input for external control
      -SimLink™ controller port for 2-way communications with other compatible MOON components
      -Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
      -Optimized selection of very high quality electronic components
      -Low operating temperature for an ultra-long life expectancy
      -Includes CRM-2 remote control.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By BC63
      Item Condition: 9.99/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Rowville State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash/eft Reason for selling: Financial Further information:
      This example of Diablo 300 is in the shiniest condition it can get, comes with everything supplied from factory, one owner, dac/phono module NOT added.
      Prefer pickup, original wooden crate available so shipping still possible.
      Price negotiable, genuine interest only no journalist please, thanks for looking:)

(sorry not considering swapping gears at this time)

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By Winter
      Item Condition: 8/10 Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal.cash Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      Purist Audio single wire. 
      4X3.0 M one cable for each channel.
      1’st Generation.
      Spade to Spade.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By stevenvalve
      Item Condition: used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Leichhardt State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal Cash Bank Reason for selling: no room Selling these for a friend. A Pair of the famous 15 inch tannoy monitor gold speakers, Made in England around 1960s - 70s. The drivers look like they have never been out of the boxes and most likely will be close numbers, but i can not guarantee that. The only modification that i can see is that the dust covers have been removed, A good move, because for sound quality a popular modification is to remove the original restrictive covers and then have none or buy aftermarket dust covers because they are much more porous than the original. I do not know what type of boxes these are, some one here may know. Pick up please from Leichhardt in Sydney. They work and sound fine, no issues.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Famo
      Item Condition: Like new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: paypal, eft, cash Reason for selling: Change of direction Further information:
      Bought my ADKIT brand new two months ago and yep, broke the stylus 10 minutes after installing it on my Linn turntable. I ordered a brand new stylus and by the time it came in had bought another ADIKT cartridge from a friend of mine. Comes with original boxes and mounting hardware.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ