FS: Yamaha CD-S3000 – CD/SACD Player & DAC

Kyron

Item: Yamaha CD-S3000 – CD/SACD Player & DAC
Location: South East Queensland – Can assist with interstate courier POA
Price: $4,750 inc GST or near offer. Shipping POA
Item Condition: Excellent 2nd Hand condition
Payment Method: Cash on pick-up, Paypal, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Extra Info: 

The CD-S3000 CD/SACD player delivers the ultimate in audio performance with a newly designed disc drive mechanism which eliminates vibrations and new digital/analogue circuits to ensure data loss is minimised.

The player is very versatile and can be used as a DAC with 3 extra digital inputs including a USB interface provided. I was blown away with the build quality and weight of this player… it is heavy! With features such as the aluminium tray with protective mounts for the disk, the rigid chassis, the DAC with balanced outputs, and the remote control that also controls the matching amplifier, one cannot fail to be impressed with the overall looks and function of this player.

There are some marks on the player, the most noticeable being a scratch on the top surface. This is not easy to photograph under most lighting conditions, however I did manage to highlight it in one of the photos. You will see that the grooves through the top panel have been lit up and are almost white instead of black in order for me to get the camera to reveal the scratch. There are a couple of other minor marks too, however this unit is in good used condtion.

From the review linked below: The performance of the Yamaha CD-S3000 on Newport Test Labs’ test bench was faultless. This is an outstanding CD/SACD player. The build quality, which I normally don’t comment on, but feel forced to in this case, is simply astoundingly good. I was open-mouthed with admiration. Steve Holding

If you are after a one box solution for CD, SACD and DAC that looks incredible and is built like a tank look no further. If purchased with the matching A-S3000 integrated amplifier (see separate listing) I will throw in a pair of balanced interconnects to hook them up.

This was recently traded and is being sold at well below the RRP of $7,499. Also part of the trade were a Yamaha integrated amplifier and a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica III loudspeakers which are listed separately and pair very well with this player. I am happy to talk about a package price for the whole system.

Reviews

https://i.nextmedia.com.au/Assets/yamaha_CD-S3000_sacd_player_review_test.pdf

ymha_cd_1.jpg

ymha_cd_6.jpg

ymha_cd_2.jpg

ymha_cd_3.jpg

ymha_cd_5.jpg

ymha_cd_7.jpg

ymha_cd_8.jpg