Starting over

We are just about to renovate which means pretty much starting from scratch again for our audio. What would be a good, EASY, wireless system with internet capability? 

:welcome: to the forum.

Please tell us what you are looking for.  Is this for a multi room audio?  How seriously do you listen to music?  Do you need stereo?  What is budget?  Please provide as much information as you can.

Thanks Snoop!

I'm looking for a multi-room audio system. Right now we have pretty simple listening to music and radio. Our music is currently streamed, though I can see us looking a vinyl again in the future.  It would be great to add to a new system over time to include a new turntable. Budget is modest for now. Maybe around $1000.

Suggest looking at Sonos, Bluesound and Denon Heos. Probably the easiest to setup and use is Sonos (which I have) but the others are not far behind. 

Each of them have entry models which allow you to get at least a couple of units to start with. Suggest going into a hi-fi retailer and listen to and investigate all 3. You are investing into an audio ecosystem and you should take the time to delve into how they sound, how they work together and individually, and how easy it is to add units.  Do play with the App and try things for yourself. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

On 08/01/2020 at 11:19 PM, Irek said:

Definitely run cables before plastering. 

On 09/01/2020 at 7:42 AM, Wimbo said:

Most important.

On 29/01/2020 at 5:18 PM, audiofeline said:

And use quality cable.   Maybe run conduit in the walls to facilitate future re-cabling needs. 

Think the OP mentioned wanting to go wireless! Probably high quality wireless/bluetooth speakers are the way to go

26 minutes ago, anandpkumar said:

Think the OP mentioned wanting to go wireless! Probably high quality wireless/bluetooth speakers are the way to go

If they sell the place after renovating, it would be smart to run cable everywhere. Its like having Solar. Its an upgrade people like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anandpkumar said:

You are correct.  My eye jumped to the "EASY" in the OP, and I feel that having a hardwire cable is always easier and more reliable than wireless.  But maybe I'm showing my age, when I was young a wireless is what those young people now call a transistor radio. 

10 minutes ago, audiofeline said:

You are correct.  My eye jumped to the "EASY" in the OP, and I feel that having a hardwire cable is always easier and more reliable than wireless.  But maybe I'm showing my age, when I was young a wireless is what those young people now call a transistor radio. 

I completely agree that wired is the way to go if you want higher quality audio. But I guess that for many, the sonic compromises from wireless outweigh all the cable management required. I can't argue with that since that is a personal preference. Me - I still run wires all around!

• Like 2