Show us your Phono Stages and Phono Cartridges

I procured this cartridge some months ago with a long-term plan to replace the Benz Wood when it eventually goes for re-tipping but 'best laid plans' and all that, it got mounted today...

b449dee8a1dbf28efc7d8ff18738e210.jpg

0632cb8ec3fcc4b2777314bdc724fe75.jpg

Transfiguration Axia-S. This is impressive out of the box with dramatic scale and deep but tight bass. Plenty of detail as well and a very mild hint of warmth. Synergises very well with the Valab LCR. Very different presentation to the VdH DDT (which is more midrange focused and sounds lighter) and the Benz (more warmth but less impactful bass).

Enjoying this very much![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I procured this cartridge some months ago with a long-term plan to replace the Benz Wood when it eventually goes for re-tipping but 'best laid plans' and all that, it got mounted today...

b449dee8a1dbf28efc7d8ff18738e210.jpg

0632cb8ec3fcc4b2777314bdc724fe75.jpg

Transfiguration Axia-S. This is impressive out of the box with dramatic scale and deep but tight bass. Plenty of detail as well and a very mild hint of warmth. Synergises very well with the Valab LCR. Very different presentation to the VdH DDT (which is more midrange focused and sounds lighter) and the Benz (more warmth but less impactful bass).

Enjoying this very much![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed you waited til today to mount and not yesterday when I was at your place.

I only dropped your stylus 3 times yesterday. In my defence, you gave me wine...

In all seriousness, they are great pics of a very good looking cart. Looking forward to seeing and hearing it in the flesh.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Thanks David, I really like it.
Don't know if I should retip later or try something else.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It’s pretty well sought after especially in Asia I think 

14 minutes ago, rossb said:

Lyra Etna SL.

PA040215.JPG

PA040202.JPG

PA040211.JPG

LOL.   Had to find out Ross?  Cool.   Will be interesting if Lyra is now part of your dna or not.   Try loading it slightly higher before settling.

Enjoy!!

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, metal beat said:

LOL.   Had to find out Ross?  Cool.   Will be interesting if Lyra is now part of your dna or not.   Try loading it slightly higher before settling.

Enjoy!!

Thanks. I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I had to satisfy my curiosity one way or the other .

5 minutes ago, Happy said:

Cool would love to read how you compare this to other stellar carts of yours when the time is ripe 

Try and stop me!

• Like 2

And another one ... a Lyra Dorian Mono. I rarely buy used cartridges, but I picked this one up quite cheaply with less than 250 hours on the clock, so it was worth a punt. So far sounding very nice on Miles Davis' "Ascenseur pour L'Echafaud" (thanks @scuzzii!).

PA040222.JPG

PA040218.JPG

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, rossb said:

And another one ... a Lyra Dorian Mono. I rarely buy used cartridges, but I picked this one up quite cheaply with less than 250 hours on the clock, so it was worth a punt. So far sounding very nice on Miles Davis' "Ascenseur pour L'Echafaud" (thanks @scuzzii!).

PA040222.JPG

PA040218.JPG

Hopefully I get to hear the 2 new editions   :)

they look great Ross

• Like 1

Here's a challenge to all you 'Lyra' and 'MC' boys out there with too much money:lol:.......buy this 59d6ce06deb48_F14BR-MRtinypic.jpg.7bc48dd37e37604291fa38217da13406.jpg(I want to but can't afford it) and see the light:  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Grace-14-BR-MR-Cartridge-Grace-F9-cartridge-Boron-cantilever-Micro-ridge-needle/322797551818?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649   ....An upgrade on the legendary F9 with the top of the range cantilever/stylus combo (Boron/Microridge). Would be deliriously good.......:wub:     Are you up to it?:baby::P

• Haha 1

To Top