FOUND: Hypex Ncore NC400 Stereo Amp or Monos

Midget

I know there are DIY kits but I am looking for something local and already built if anyone is getting the itch to upgrade (Purifi?) and offload.

Edited by Midget
Found what I was looking for

I actually did not see this when doing a search. I am not sure if putting Hypex, Ncore or NC500 in the title might help at all.

This one is a little out of my budget sorry. I was hoping for some used NC400's to keep the price down.

15 hours ago, Midget said:

I actually did not see this when doing a search. I am not sure if putting Hypex, Ncore or NC500 in the title might help at all.

This one is a little out of my budget sorry. I was hoping for some used NC400's to keep the price down.

how much did you want to spend?

Without getting too comparative, I’ve found the NC1200 perform better on my setups than the NC400’s.

All amps have limitations and in my experience (all else being equal as is the case with the two above overall) the higher power amps win. 

Having monos also opens up (for me at least) the option of spending less on speaker cable and using XLR cables from the pre to the speaker/amp position (using very short lengths of very good speaker cable between the mono and speaker).

Aren't they making amps that hang from the speaker terminals now? I guess that is the advantage of very light amps.

I'd love those NC1200's but just a bit out of my budget. I would like to keep my spend under $2000 and even less if there are used NC400's out there.

4 hours ago, Midget said:

Aren't they making amps that hang from the speaker terminals now? I guess that is the advantage of very light amps.

I'd love those NC1200's but just a bit out of my budget. I would like to keep my spend under $2000 and even less if there are used NC400's out there.

Have a look at Anthony Holton's site - here:  https://holtonprecisionaudio.com/

Andy

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...