David Carey

SOLD: FS: ModWright KWA 100SE Power Amplifier

Posted (edited)

Item: ModWright KWA 100SE Power Amplifier 
Price: $2200 + postage/courier cost
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Moving house and change of direction 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Purchased from SNA member Clydemount in April 2019 and have been using it mainly in a HT setup, which is hardly using this amplifier the way it should be used. Recently started using in my main system and it is such an elegant and detailed amplifier. This is not a "hit you in the face" type of amp, but sort of reminds me of a silky valve amp, even though it is not.  Very detailed, well controlled from the bottom to the top, with a level of sophistication. Retails for over $8K, but selling it for what I paid for it, that was a bargain for something of this quality. Balanced and unbalanced inputs and runs gently warm, with delicate blue lighting.

I don't have any original boxes, but have found an excellent double-box that is a perfect fit.  

From:  https://hometheaterreview.com/modwright-instruments-inc-kwa-100se-power-amplifier-reviewed/?page=2

"The ModWright KWA 100SE is a wonderfully musical and entertaining-sounding piece of gear. It offers reference-level performance on many parameters. However, in the specific area of tonality/timbres, along with a seamlessness/grainless overall sonic perspective, it is right up there with some of the best solid state amps, regardless of cost. In my honest opinion, if I did not already own my fantastic-sounding and more expensive Pass Labs XA60.5 mono-blocks, I could easily live with the KWA 100SE and not miss my reference amps at all in my system. I highly recommend anyone looking for a two-channel solid state amp to strongly consider putting the KWA 100SE on your audition list."

The pictures are courtesy of Clydemount's original advertisement.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Modwright KWA100S.jpg

Modwright KWA100SE Rear Panel.jpg

Edited by David Carey
Spelling correction and update re. shipping

That Clydemount sounds like a very fine fellow. I wish there were more like him.

Just now, Clydemount said:

That Clydemount sounds like a very fine fellow. I wish there were more like him.

Indeed he is a fine fellow and a shining light of example to us all.:lol:

Wonderful amp and price. Glwts.

Update: I found an excellent double box that holds this amplifier perfectly, so interstate purchase is not a problem.   

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By boidos
      Item: Epson eh-tw6700 projector, 1080p. 
      Price: $1000
      Item Condition: excellent. 1250 lamp hours
      Reason for selling: not being used 
      Extra Info: comes with remote, and 2x 3d glasses 

• By hugo_wilco
      Item: : Modwright SWL 9.0 Anniversary preamp
      Price: $2650
      Item Condition: excellent 
      Reason for selling: upgrade
      Extra Info: less than a year old. Killer preamp with excellent headphone HT bypass and remote. Buyer pays Paypal fees and freight. Have boxes and spare valves. 

https://www.tonepublications.com/review/the-modwright-swl-9-0-anniversary-preamp/

Photos: 

• By ZOOTYtooty
      Item: A77 Revox reel to reels x 3
      Price: $400
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: In my way
      Extra Info:I have put power through two and motors appear to be working. FF, REW play etc. There is a third to ensure you can get two working.

• By ZOOTYtooty
      Item: Two A77 Reel to reel REVOX recorders
      Price: $300 for both
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: In my way
      Extra Info: I have put power through both and the motors are working, the one appears to be playing and recording, but a second is supplied to ensure you have a working unit. I have another listing with three for $400 but the third is somewhat dismantled. Each listing includes one reel with tape.

• By Tom Z
      Item: Astell & Kern AK300 DAP
      Price: Paid $1299, asking $600 firm
      Item Condition: Brand new
      Reason for selling: Not used
      Extra Info:
      Up for sale is this new/unused AK300 which I bought from Addicted to Audio in Aug, 2016. I had the intention of using this player with a pair or Campfire Audio Andromeda IEM's, but found it more convenient to use my Iphone with my busy lifestyle. Hence this unit and & the Andromeda iem's have just been sitting in their boxes unused since. I auditioned a demo AK300 and Andromeda IEM's extensively at ATA and they proved to be a good combo. The AK300 has good resolution and is on the warm side, whilst the Andromeda iem's are neutral, natural and airy.

This DAP has 64GB internal memory (expandable to 256GB via microSD card). The player supports all popular audio formats, incl: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, DSD 64/128 & MQS. There are also a range of genuine Astell & Kern accessories available to get the most from this player, incl: a headphone amp, recorder, charging cradle & CD-ripper. Whilst firmware updates are available to keep the player up to date.

Link to product information - https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/shop/features.asp?mcg=CG110000&mpos=0&scg=CG210240&spos=4&tcg=&tpos=0&dpos=1&gcode=SC10780

A note about shipping:  

I will ship this item double boxed via Australia Post Express Post with Signature on delivery, or local pickup is welcome. I will also make a 2% donation to the Bushfire Appeal on completion of the sale. All original items are included with the unit.  Any questions, just ask.