kukynas

Purifi DIY kit finally available

1 hour ago, ghost4man said:

Short-sighted? 

Maybe. 

I can only suggest you speak to an OEM and get their opinion. I have. 

As a DIYer it's great. I'm aware of just how small the margins are. 

When I first saw this I intuited that sales must be slow. When I spoke to the OEM they said the same thing. They have effectively speaking forced OEM's to purchase significant quantities to try and msme it worth their while. At these prices it's just too risky to commit to that level. 

Still don't get it, sorry, and your OEM sample is small.

Class D gets cheaper - this does not take an MBA to predict. Same goes for the volume of integration work being lesser for a viable product.

Again that is a board you could use for DIY but it's not really intended as such - it's an eval board, just as it states. I'm sure someone will build some nice DIY front ends for it eventually.

That you need everything else to build a working, high power amp implies margin opportunity.

Above all you'd need to be a very small, boutique builder to fear DIY efforts encroaching on production sales - no offence to Holton - there are orders of magnitude more people who won't touch DIY with a barge pole at any price.

The centrally they'll probably offer segmented products for DIY and OEM markets. For now... So what. Just get it out there.

Unless you're suggesting it's too expensive for wholesale, nothing here makes sense.

I think I'll be sorted 😀

https://nadelectronics.com/nad-masters-m33-bluos-streaming-dac-amplifier-becomes-first-integrated-component-to-feature-purifis-ultra-quiet-amplification-technology/

I was waiting for it after their announcement of partnership from last year just didn't expect it to be so quick...

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, kukynas said:

I think I'll be sorted 😀

https://nadelectronics.com/nad-masters-m33-bluos-streaming-dac-amplifier-becomes-first-integrated-component-to-feature-purifis-ultra-quiet-amplification-technology/

I was waiting for it after their announcement of partnership from last year just didn't expect it to be so quick...

That's going to be one very nice all round device. Class D has saved the manufacturers who sell in the midfi market.

Edited by Ittaku

The link from OP https://purifi-audio.com/vare/eval1/

is for 2 amp modules and stereo input board.

So the OEM buys amps only no preamp which DIY cannot do ,so it is up to the OEM to make there own power supply

and pre amp. they woul;d be idiots to box up the completed DIY and sell it.

Like Oppo oem main boards that Cambridge Audio , Lexicon purchased they had to do there own firmware and all other hardware and sell it.

So any OEM know this and should not complain about what the DIY can buy.

Peter