Sign in to follow this  
Quark

Power Sound Audio subs & speakers

Posted (edited)

Some red hot specials on PSA subs and speakers at Deep Hertz - see link here.

Note PSA is run by one of the founders of SVS.

Presume new models must be about to arrive.

Edited by Quark

V1510 and S1510 have been out for a while now, but those are really good prices! Thanks.

Oh, we're up to S1512, V1512, and V1812 now. Not sure what the difference is between the ones ending in 12 and 10 (which was what I saw a year ago).

the models ending in "12" use the very highly regarded B&C iPal and Neo woofers, as opposed to the Eminence woofers used in the 00/10/11 models, also Tom V has bought the amp production in house too

Hopefully Pete is getting the 12 models in as they are apparently a pretty big step up

5 hours ago, jamiebosco said:

the models ending in "12" use the very highly regarded B&C iPal and Neo woofers, as opposed to the Eminence woofers used in the 00/10/11 models, also Tom V has bought the amp production in house too

Looks like that only applies to the 15" models (S1512 and V1512). The other models have the IPAL in the model (S1812 vs. S18 IPAL; V3612 vs. V36 IPAL).

Yes sorry, the names have changed a few times since the prototypes, the "12" models have the B&C Neo woofers. anything with IPAL obviously has the B&C IPAL woofer.

The V1812/V3612/V36IPAL all have the same cabinet and ~20Hz tune as the out going 00/01/11 models.

The TV3612/TV36IPAL and TV42IPAL (dual 21" IPALS) all have new larger cabinets and lower tuning (~12-13Hz)

This is very tempting, wished the units came with line level outputs/DSP. I'd either need to gamble on the integration, run a miniDSP box and/or a passive high pass filter...

How do the subs compare to the seaton SubMersives? And how do people move around some of theses 80kg plus subs? The one time i bought 2x 2x18" subs, each sub weighed 150kg and i ended up selling it 2 years later unused as i just could not move the subs or fit them anywhere. Do people use trolleys? and i presume in those circumstances you dont even think of having the subs upstairs.

That V3600i sure is tempting at that price!

Im just not sure if it would be much of an improvement on the XV30FSE?

Lonewolf - i have a PSA XV30FSE that weighs around 75kg's, its a big bulky box.

The black finish makes it very easy to move around on carpet but a trolley would be an absolute must if going up a flight of stairs.

Ended up getting a V1500, the sub was much bigger than expected! System now flat to 20hz, -4db at 14hz.

On 10/01/2020 at 12:47 AM, Home theatre rookie said:

That V3600i sure is tempting at that price!

Im just not sure if it would be much of an improvement on the XV30FSE?

Lonewolf - i have a PSA XV30FSE that weighs around 75kg's, its a big bulky box.

The black finish makes it very easy to move around on carpet but a trolley would be an absolute must if going up a flight of stairs.

But even getting it into the house or from a car or on floors that dont have carpet? What do people do? I always get stuck or have to strain really hard to work with subs like the SubM, i cant imagine heavier than them.  Always wanted a 18" sub, but this part is what seems to stop me gettingone, the one time i did , the subs were 300+Kg and unworkable. 

On 10/01/2020 at 12:47 AM, Home theatre rookie said:

I had to move 2 Rythmik FV18's up stairs without a trolley. Only way I could do it was picking up the bottom and flipping it up to each step lol, curved stair case too. Those suckers took a lot of effort as they weigh like 80kgs with packaging each.

Edited by vong

Sounds like one of the events in worlds strongest man comp should be 18inch sub rolling up stairs lol

On 11/01/2020 at 4:39 PM, AudioGeek said:

Sounds like one of the events in worlds strongest man comp should be 18inch sub rolling up stairs lol

Yep, @vong is ready to represent Australia now.

I have dual XS30SE's and love them. Tom makes a great sub and I reckon they are fantastic value for money