Sign in to follow this  
GroovyGuru

FS: Magneplanar MG 20.7 Loudspeakers. (Price drop)

Item:  Magneplanar 20.7 Loudspeakers 
Price:   $13,500 $11,000
Item Condition:  Excellent
Reason for selling:  Upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD, bank transfer Only
Extra Info:

Purchased from Bill McLean in August 2015.

The price includes:

1 pair sand filled Mye Stands. (Value $1000)

4 Synergistic Research speaker jumpers (Value $400).  Do not use the metal clips which come with the speakers, the sound is crap with those.

1 pair Synergistic Research Red fuses.  (value $200).

1 pair Telos fuses. (Value $380?  I can't remember the exact price but it is top of the line Telos fuse and equivalent of SR Black fuse.) 

The fuses are essential to get best performance.

Many have heard these speakers at my GTGs.  You will not find a better speaker package at anywhere near this price. 

Too much is said about these speakers needing a large room to sound best.  That could be said about many speakers.  These speakers will sound good in medium to large rooms.  Some rooms are better than others.  A good medium room will be better than a bad large room.  It's not about size, it's about set up. 

DSC_0003.thumb.JPG.e01dac49f4589aad9d14ab7fbfbb4b8b.JPG
DSC_0004.thumb.JPG.51c4afadf1868980d9bf5b6a2dca7842.JPGDSC_0002.thumb.JPG.568078ab4b590b06dd23d1297d149390.JPG

Posted (edited)

I like your TT, looks very familiar 

1C6BC79D-87E4-41A2-BF65-F40FF42D6AC7.jpeg

Edited by Crystara

2 hours ago, Crystara said:

I like your TT, looks very familiar 

1C6BC79D-87E4-41A2-BF65-F40FF42D6AC7.jpeg

Looks like you had a dedicated stand built for yours.  Mine sits on a seismic sink which sits on a classic lead balloon. I don't recommend the seismic sink, the bicycle bladder they come with deteriorates and goes flat very fast.  I haven't bothered fixing mine. 

I can’t believe these speakers are still for sale. Such a bargain for a classic speaker.

17 hours ago, Bilbo said:

I can’t believe these speakers are still for sale. Such a bargain for a classic speaker.

There has been some white anting of the sale. 

Curiously, there has been white anting of both items I have for sale.  

Edited by GroovyGuru

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Winter
      Item Condition: 9/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash/PayPal Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Supra combo.
      PLS NOTE THESE ARE WITH EU SHUKO PLUGS.
      Sales are:
      1 Power conditioner
      1X3 Meter Power cord With AUS plug.
      2x1.5 Meter Power cord With EU plugs (c13/c15)
      1x1.5 Meter Power cord With EU plug
      (c19)
      1x Spare AC connectors EU.

(Power conditioner still under warranty)

Sold as one lot.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By seaninbrisbane
      Item Condition: Exceptional Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Kelvin Grove State: Queensland Payment Method: Cash, bank transfer, PayPal Reason for selling: No longer required Further information: Comes complete with remote control, gloves, test sheets, manual, protective sleeves and original double-box packaging.  This model has the upgraded balanced output transformers.

https://www.nagraaudio.com/product/pl-l/

Photos:

• By Neo
      Item Condition: 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Lane Cove 2066 State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Further information: genuine sennheiser hd820 cable suitable to all hd800 range. (rrp $335) Roughly 10h of use, I upgraded to the ADL IHP-35HX shortly after purchasing the hd820 new

Photos:

• By stevenvalve
      Item Condition: used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: NORTH RICHMOND State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal Cash Bank Reason for selling: Not Used 1 PS PerfectWave Power AC-5 Power Cable - 2M.  Very heavy cable, super build quality. I have 2 available, this add is for one cable.  

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By mcb
      Item Condition: Good - see extra info Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Bayswater State: Western Australia Payment Method: Cash on Pick Up, EFT Reason for selling: Gone back to solid state Further information:

For those who are not familiar with these, the Doge 9 are class AB monoblock amplifiers with an output of 180 watts.

The amplifiers use 2 x 211 tubes, 2 x el34 tubes and 4 12AT7’s per block.
      These amplifiers are fitted with the following tubes
      211B - Copper base Shuguang 211B’s
      EL34 - PSVane  6CA7-TII
      12AT77 – a combination of Mullard 6201’s (V1,2 &3) and CV4024’s (V4)

These tubes where researched and selected by the original purchaser.  He advised that they where barely run in when he sold the amps to me.  My guess is that I would have run them for approx. 800 – 1000 hours.
      The original tubes are also included.

These are big and heavy, they weigh over 40kg each!  They are 230V.
      Please note that these are not the latest PAB model.
      Replacement price of the latest Doge 9’s are US$3900 per pair.

I am the second owner and purchased them in late 2017.  The only reason I am selling these, is because last year I managed to pick up an excellent solid state amplifier, that I thought I would never be able to afford to own, second hand.  It has taken over a year for me to decide to sell the Doge’s!
      There are several minor marks on the top of each amplifier, I have tried to photograph the worst of these.  A couple of the cap screws that hold the top plate on are also stripped.
      I have the original boxes.

The price is reflective of the very good price that I bought them for (from a fellow SNA member, but not via SNA).

If I was to price them in line with how I value their performance, I would have listed them at a much higher price.  It has taken an amp the currently sells for closer to $10k, to cause me to sell these.

Photos: