All Donations for JAN 2020 to go to Red Cross Bushfire Disaster Relief

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I had previously donated 25% to wildlife funds - Gimme Shelter (Nature Conservation Council) and WWF Australian Wildlife and Nature Recovery Fund.

Thanks to your handwork David, I have a shortlist of local brigades for the remainder of the funds but we were waiting on quite a few members to follow through with their EFT donations, and then, unfortunately, COVID-19 took off. 

Thanks for the reminder as I'll attempt to finalise all the donations by end of week. Big thanks, once again. :thumb:

• Like 1

No worries Marc, t's all good. Totally understandable. We are all living in unprecedented times and I certainly hope that everyone is as well as they can be under the circumstances.

I am delighted to see the the funds are being directed to where the money will be of the greatest benefit. Don't forget to let us all know when it has all been finalised ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw this, I thought this was all done (given its 5 months ago).   I'm hoping its just this thread that is not updated, though a commitment was made to do so once donations have been made - so is that suggesting they haven't been completed..??

• Administrator
On 01/02/2020 at 11:52 AM, Marc said:

A grand total of $7,498 was raised across January from our Classifieds Donations. 

Now to work out where to transfer to, or how much to transfer to multiple charities?

I am sorry - as this has dragged out much longer than I would have liked too. As of this week, just under $600 has still not been received by those that pledged a donation via EFT. There were many dragging their feet that I managed to get to do it,  but what is outstanding is likely not coming now. That brings the total down to $6,900 we received. 

On 19/02/2020 at 9:10 AM, Marc said:

I've been mostly off air for the last week so just picking this up now.

This is my plan unless anyone has any objections:

• 75% direct to Fire Services
    • NSW $1,875
    • VIC $1,875
    • SA $1,875
  • 25% direct to Wildlife Funds
    • Gimme Shelter (Nature Conservation Council) $937.50
    • WWF Australian Wildlife and Nature Recovery Fund $937.50

Of the $6,900 received, $1,875 was disbursed to the two wildlife funds above, leaving a balance of $5,025 to be transferred to fire services. @Soundscape reached out to many brigades directly and we ended up with a short list (below) of just a few that could actually handle EFT donations. South Australian brigades are unable to receive donations directly.

Shortlist: Bemm River CFS, Cobargo CFS, Western Districts CFS

As we have paid GST on all the donations received, and with advice from my accountant I contacted the three above to confirm the donation would be attributed to us, and a tax invoice would be received - sadly I didn't get any reply - and if I'm honest, I've still been a little uncomfortable just transferring money via EFT to bank details provided by someone on email that @Soundscape received from whoever answers the station's emails. Didn't feel "official" enough to me.

10 hours ago, Soundscape said:

Bumping this up. @Marc whats happening mate? Long time no hear! I'm keen to see my cash go where it was intended, as I'm sure many others are.

Yes, this has dragged on much longer than anticipated and we should have managed it sooner. It was March before we had a shortlist of where to donate to, and much longer to chase everyone's money up though. 

I'll just take the risk and transfer the balance to each of the three above this morning, and hope for the best. We can't let this drag on longer than it already has, I totally agree there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Administrator

Cobargo Rural Fire Brigade very thankful for our donation (an area that was devastated, from memory):

Thank you so much for your generous donation - it is very much appreciated.

Your donation will go towards our urgently needed Fire Stations Extensions and Resilience Upgrade Project, the equipping of our new catering trailer, and other needed equipment.

Again, thank you so much for your generosity and thoughtfulness.

kind Regards

John Walters

President/Secretary

Cobargo Rural Fire Brigade

• Like 2