All Donations for JAN 2020 to go to Red Cross Bushfire Disaster Relief

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Dave O))) said:

I think it's about time @Marc considered putting the SNA "donations" towards a good cause

All donations made to StereoNET for Classifieds sales throughout January 2020 will be 100% contributed to Australian Red Cross and the Disaster Relief drive.

I have kicked it off with a $500 personal donation on behalf of StereoNET:

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/donate/goal-43-classifieds-donations-to-bushfire-appeal-red-cross/

• Like 30
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Marc said:

All donations made to StereoNET for Classifieds sales throughout January 2020 will be 100% contributed to Australian Red Cross and the Disaster Relief drive.

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/donate/goal-43-classifieds-donations-to-bushfire-appeal-red-cross/

I don't have anything to sell, but have made a donation - thank you for giving us the opportunity.

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Marc said:

Brilliant @Marc - thank you for that generosity.  ?‍❤️‍?‍?

There's little doubt that your intentions are fantastic and I think the whole community welcomes such a warm-hearted move, many of which we've seen before from you in at least the two charity drives I've personally run here at SNA before, to name just a few.

Kudos to you and happy new year.  ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator

I'm speechless. I thought that if we hit our target of $2,500.00 this month we would have done well. But we've already together raised $2,255.00!! Such generosity from the members here is humbling.

We know some of our very own members have suffered losses already, and there's probably a fair few more we don't know about that can't access StereoNET or are displaced at the moment. 

Proud to be a StereoNET member right now and even prouder to see the Aussie spirit alive and well in times of need. ?

You can still donate at https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/donate/goal-43-classifieds-donations-to-bushfire-appeal-red-cross/

Even $1 adds up and will make a difference.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

?????

The comedian Celeste Barber started a fund on Friday, thru FaceBook, and it's tipping AU$4 million in 48 hours!

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celeste-barber-launches-fundraiser-for-nsw-rural-firefighters/news-story/6c798adb9fa0d46a56fde33957dc014b 

I think everyone gets this... nothing is the same as it was.

And we all need to respond, now it's too late.

• Like 2

• Administrator

I'm happy to take advice on the best place to donate the funds when we're ready. Certainly not locked into RC, but they were just the first to put something together.

I would agree that the RFS/CFA might be best, and perhaps we could split the funds across NSW, VIC, WA, SA?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sjay said:

Please donate to RFS directly not via Red Cross...

Red cross is a vulture....

Yes did hear somewhere only 1/2 of donations are passed on. 

Bendigo bank have a special Bushfire disaster appeal in partnership with the Salvos and 100% goes to communities in need.

Plus Wildlife services have various donation points/ links.

Know they will certainly need a lot of help and money to treat and care for affected animals,  birds etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marc said:

I'm happy to take advice on the best place to donate the funds when we're ready. Certainly not locked into RC, but they were just the first to put something together.

I would agree that the RFS/CFA might be best, and perhaps we could split the funds across NSW, VIC, WA, SA?

Good thinking Marc. Hopefully there will be a clearer picture of where the funds may be most effective by the end if the month. My vote would be to help those who are in greatest need of food and shelter. Hopefully the Govt will put significant extra funds into emergency services and infrastructure. We're gonna need it. 

• Administrator

Donations updated: $4,760.00 in just days. Sensational guys!

As many are using PP to make their donation, they of course take their small cut.

As part of StereoNET's donation, we will wear those costs and add it back on to the total donation amount.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2020 at 1:27 PM, Marc said:

Thanks for keeping your eyes open, here is some context

MicrosoftTeams-image (9).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator

A grand total of $7,498 was raised across January from our Classifieds Donations. 

Now to work out where to transfer to, or how much to transfer to multiple charities?

• Like 3