Sign in to follow this  
Matyk

Samsung and hisence tv question

Hi guys.

I'm not much of a tv guy. But i got my Samsung in 2017 brand new . 

Obviously the tech has gotten better amd the sales guy said the hisence on sale for 2 grand  will kill my Samsung . Picture looked great etc. But probably playing  a cheat high def disk that noone uses in real life lol. 

So question: ill put up my tv amd the info. Samsung  js8000 65 inch. 

And a hisence is what I'm looking  at now .

Will it outperform the Samsung, not only in picture but speed and  is the internal ram quicker  etc .

If there's  any tv pro's  out there that think besides the oled upgrade, is it a gimmick? And my tv is not required to be upgraded perhaps?

Cheers

Screenshot_20200101-170127.png

Screenshot_20200101-170404.png

You probably don't 'need' to upgrade. I picked up the 55" version of the Hisense you're referring to. I was upgrading from a 2014 FHD Sony. Sure the Hisense wipes the floor with the Sony but my previous tv was 5 years old and was starting to develop  dark horizontal lines. So for me it was a big enough and obvious upgrade in terms of picture quality. YMMV.

I found the HiSense TV good but the thing took ages to do anything, got a Sony now, much better and faster.

On 01/01/2020 at 5:15 PM, Matyk said:

I'm not much of a tv guy. But i got my Samsung in 2017 brand new . 

Obviously the tech has gotten better amd the sales guy said the hisence on sale for 2 grand  will kill my Samsung . Picture looked great etc. But probably playing  a cheat high def disk that noone uses in real life lol. 

So question: ill put up my tv amd the info. Samsung  js8000 65 inch. 

the Samsung is only 2 or so years matyk, I cant see point of upgrading so quickly ? while tech does move on at quite a rate. the main update happened around 2015-2016 with 4k uhd ... so yours is pretty well at forefront. yeah sure might be the odd frippery but not really worth the loss of turfing what have and spending on something new.

if want to get the best out of set you have ...maybe line up a prof calibration of the set you have. be amazed at how much better will look and be getting best from it.... rather than spending more on a newer set for limited benefits.

@Cardiiiii @betty boop @Batty

Thanks so much guys. I think i even prefer processor speed over perfect blacks  .

So as you guys have said no real point on upgrading  just to upgrade.

I will wait another year or so.

Awesome and you saved me money 😀😀

Have a good holiday guys

Posted (edited)

I'm a bit late into the mix here... but for what it's worth, the abovementioned Hisense OLED uses a LG OLED panel coupled to Hisense electronics and image processing tech. Sadly, this remains the weak spot of the mid-tier TVs out there vs the bigger players such as Sony, Panasonic, Samsung and LG. 

I bought a Hisense 65P7 a year ago and it's good when fed native 4K material, but there was always something lacking regarding motion handling, and the processor is slow to boot and respond, and its upscaling isn't brilliant.

My recently acquired Samsung Q75 75" has vastly superior motion handling and picture quality, upscales non-4K content nicely, and is very responsive and quick to boot.

The Hisense OLED will offer deeper blacks than your Samsung (as OLEDs have an infinite contrast ratio) but I'd wager that your Samsung will be a better all-round TV. 

Edited by pete_mac

2 hours ago, pete_mac said:

I'm a bit late into the mix here... but for what it's worth, the abovementioned Hisense OLED uses a LG OLED panel coupled to Hisense electronics and image processing tech. Sadly, this remains the weak spot of the mid-tier TVs out there vs the bigger players such as Sony, Panasonic, Samsung and LG. 

I bought a Hisense 65P7 a year ago and it's good when fed native 4K material, but there was always something lacking regarding motion handling, and the processor is slow to boot and respond, and its upscaling isn't brilliant.

My recently acquired Samsung Q75 75" has vastly superior motion handling and picture quality, upscales non-4K content nicely, and is very responsive and quick to boot.

The Hisense OLED will offer deeper blacks than your Samsung (as OLEDs have an infinite contrast ratio) but I'd wager that your Samsung will be a better all-round TV. 

Out of the box the motion handling is terrible and picture quality is average, but after tweaking the settings I've had zero issues with motion handling and the pictures are fantastic. Even the upscaling to 4K is fantastic.  No issues with  sport such as soccer, cricket and F1. Also no issues with movies and TV shows. Cannot complain. Side by side, the LG was a little better than the Hisense and the Sony a little better than LG. Didn't think the price difference was worth it so went with the Hisense. 

32 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

Out of the box the motion handling is terrible and picture quality is average, but after tweaking the settings I've had zero issues with motion handling and the pictures are fantastic. Even the upscaling to 4K is fantastic.  No issues with  sport such as soccer, cricket and F1. Also no issues with movies and TV shows. Cannot complain. Side by side, the LG was a little better than the Hisense and the Sony a little better than LG. Didn't think the price difference was worth it so went with the Hisense. 

Excellent - great to hear real-world feedback!