FS: Tannoy 10inch Monitor Golds 3LZ speakers

IMG_9933.thumb.JPG.21187bc131f5ed7d359d0cdf806e386e.JPGIMG_9921.thumb.JPG.d9e3bd006f9ad0ddad5cc4b66173955d.JPGIMG_9933.thumb.JPG.21187bc131f5ed7d359d0cdf806e386e.JPGItem: Tannoy 10 inch Monitor Golds Speakers
Price: $1900
Item Condition: excellent restored
Reason for selling: Too many speakers
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info: Hi Putting up for sale beautiful pair of Tannoy 10 inch Monitor golds in original cabinets from the 70's. These sound excellent.

I put them as excellent for age please consider these are nearly 50 years old same as average Tannoy user I would think.

The person I purchased from had them restored with some work to cross overs, modern terminals, cabs re polished etc, they do have some repairs to some corners, some veneer chips as would be expected I think photos make them seem worse than they are.

My original idea was to have new cabs made for a 10  incher similar to modern Glenairs etc and like most people never got around to it. 

In the end my interest has dwindled so putting them up for sale.

The sound is great to my ears.They easily bested the Spendors SP2/3R2 I had being rich, detailed and dynamic. 

They wont reproduce like 15 inch speaker, but remember they are still 10 inch driver so still have more bass than most stand mount speakers.

These were my first intro to Tannoys , which I remained converted ever since and would make a similar buy for someone else.

Happy to demo or drop off at a Pack and Send for interstate.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_9923.JPG

IMG_9921.JPG

IMG_9933.JPG

IMG_9934.JPG

IMG_9928.JPG

Edited by Royq
new photos
  • Like 1

On 01/01/2020 at 2:21 PM, miyouzaic said:

Any pics with the covers off...

sorry I'm not terribly techno minded so I don't have pics of drivers as I would need to unscrew the backs., if i get a buyer who wants them subject to final inspection then I can do it if not for the moment I prefer to leave them alone.

Any other questions pls contact me

rgds

roy

On 02/01/2020 at 12:02 AM, a.dent said:

Looking at the cloth and the binding posts I reckon these used to be mine several years ago.

Yep they sounded good then.

I moved on to 15s after this.

GLWTS.

Hi Anthony

I think you are right thanks its clears things up i wasn't sure whom i purchased from.

They have been a great speaker, can you update me on who did the work on them I'm sure it would give confidence to a potential buyer.

On 01/01/2020 at 1:50 PM, BATMAQN said:

Hello which Spendors were they please?

Hi Seb

They were smaller than yours, the SP2/3R2 not a bad speaker very natural, but a bit polite and sluggish in comparison and these seem more expressive at least to me.

I would love to hear the SP 100 one day but they seem difficult to drive and placement  compared to tannoys which fit against the wall plus i would say more tube friendly, although the sugden power amp drives both well but the tannoys worked with a variety of tube amps even as low as 12W pc , the best I thought was the Mac 225 at 22W pc