Noob asking NUC build questions

G'day resident experts

I have decided to build a dedicated NUC for Roon, a 24/7 set and forget server that will just run in the background without further thought, i.e. shutdowns reboots daily as I'm currently having to do with windows desktop

I am after setting up a headless unit plugged directly into the router in the study which will then feed my SoTM in the music room via ethernet.

I'm thinking of this bundle but with an added stick of ram making it 16 gig.  https://www.ple.com.au/Products/634230/Intel-i7-NUC-Bean-Canyon-Super-Enthusiast-Bundle

Also to power it I want to use this.. https://www.teddypardo.com/powersupplies/otherpowersupplies/teddynuc.html

I intend to install my 2Tb SSD drive with my music library directly into the unit so the M.2 will be for the Roon Rock OS only

Can anyone who knows anything about setting up a dedicated server (I'm clueless in some respects) see anything wrong with this order? I ask as I think all should be ok but I read somewhere (can't find it again) that not all NUC's are supported.

Thanks in advance for any helps

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Davey Willo

Roon Rock minimum requirements here. If if it is purely for Roon, 16G memory is a waste. Suggest 8G. If you are planning to do upsampling and/or DSP, get the fastest possible NUC.

I am a fan of Giesleler LPSUs, so why not get this for the NUC, will likely be as good and save some money in the process.

You can either use the dedicated Roon Rock OS or for more flexibility, use SnakeOil OS and install Roon.

• Like 1

Hi Snoop

Thanks for the input.

Intend on installing Roon OS only, so is the bundle itself ok, just leave out the second stick of RAM?

I'm a big fan of Teddy Pardo so am happy to pay an extra $100 but appreciate the link, Gieseler is/would be my second choice