Item: Elektra Pnyx Pre Amplifier
Price: $3250
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Trying put put some funds together to buy a Vitus Audio RI-101.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I bought this new from Bill Mcleans  and it is everything he promised and more.  I upgraded the valves to Gold Lion E88CC Valves and I recon they sound better than the stock Sovteks (from memory).  I will include the original tubes which have about 40 hours on them.

The sound is in my opinion not the typical tube sound. It does not have a rosy glow, rather it presents the music in a straight forward detailed and dynamic way.  I have tried numerous pre-amps in the past, and the only one that has come close, is the Modulus 3a pre-amplifier.  The PNYX is better.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

BE8C7EC9-8DF4-4471-B019-B3E9E058FC65.jpeg

Edited by Astronutter
  • Like 2
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kman
      Item Condition: Used but well cared for Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: North Rocks State: NSW Payment Method: cash on pick up Reason for selling: Upgraded to $1,500 Klipsch RP-600M Further information:

I bought these Legend speakers from a Stereonet member a few years ago. I was still new to all of this and didn't appreciate the difference between the watts written on the stereo box and current. Needless to say, these little speakers need a fair whack of current. My Yamaha RN-602 had no chance.

I recently purchased some more efficient Klipsch speakers which are singing. Interestingly, I took the Legends to Lifestyle Audio in North Parramatta to do a listening test with the Klipsch speakers. Obviously, a proper amp was used. For the first time I understand why these Legend speakers were so special. It wasn't until "rockier" music was played that the 20 year newer Klipsch taught the Legends a lesson. 

I believe (but do not 100% know) they are Kurre's of approx 1998 vintage as it's very tricky to research. I found these 2 review sites. 

http://www.legendspeakers.com.au/Backup-old-site/kurre_r2.php

http://www.legendspeakers.com.au/reviews/

I bought them from a stereonet member some years ago (about 4 years). I think its excellent buying if you have  a decent amp. No point testing at my place as my amp can not drive them properly (unless you bring your amp). If you buy them and they are not what you want, just bring them back within 3 days (in same condition) and I'll refund your money. It's stupid to keep them in storage thinking I will use them one day. I need to start letting go of items. Maybe I'll move onto some of my records soon (way to many double-ups. I can't help myself).

They are in good 2nd hand condition with normal minor scratches but nothing serious (BTW the George Benson vinyl is not included. Just there to reference size). Pick up is North Rocks (between Carlingford and North Parramatta). I am often in Manly (NSW) if this helps.

BTW - before any smarties suggest the speakers are upside down - they are designed to have the tweeter at the bottom! LOL.

Kind regards, Kierin
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By rmpfyf
      Item Condition: Pristine Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne Eastern Burbs State: VIC Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: NLR Purchased from Mike Lenehan in 2018. Relisting and price dropped (a lot).

These are old school Cerwin-Vega items from before the company went bankrupt, was took over and had it's name put on many things. Accordingly, they're excellent subs - quite musical, moderate motor size, they're happy in a sealed ~120L box (which you could make smaller... that gives a total Q of around 0.55), 500WRMS max (wouldn't run as such). Cones are reputedly kevlar and hardwood pulp, they give a rather nice timbre. 

The Important Other doesn't like the traditional Cerwin-Vega! red surrounds, which I do, though she won this round. 

Data and T/S params below from my archives. PM me if interested. These can be couriered packed safe in a box on the proviso you'll use a service that insures their travel. 

You won't buy a better pair of 15's at this price. 

Single voice coil
      Sensitivity (1W @ 1m) : 96 dB
      Power Handling: (cont. unclipped power per EIA RS-426B) 500 WRMS
      Frequency Response: 20 -500 Hz
      Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
      Voice Coil Diameter: 3.0"
      Mounting Diameter: 349.25 mm
      Mounting Depth: 165.15 mm
      fs: 23 Hz
      Qts: 0.359
      Qms: 4.42
      Qes: 0.390
      Vas: 181.2L
      Xmax: +19.10 mm (seems 9.5mm of this is linear, Mike agrees)
      Revc: 3.4 ohm
      Le... don't have it
      Volume Displacement: 7.36La

• By howze
      Item Condition: Used, but very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Strathalbyn State: SA Payment Method: Cash, bank transfer, PayPal with fees Reason for selling: No longer required For sale is my marantz universal player, stunning picture and sound. Actually quite surprised how nice it sounded hooking it up to the lounge room system.

• By corza13
      Item Condition: Perfect, as new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: ESSENDON State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, CASH Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information: Focal Aria pack consisting of 906 bookshelves, Aria CC900 Centre and Aria SR900 surrounds. They are in the Noyer colour which you can look up on the website. Sub will also be listed separately. All bought new from a local retailer in Melb, 7 months old.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By corza13
      Item Condition: Perfect, as new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: ESSENDON State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, CASH Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information: Focal SUB 1000F Subwoofer, black, great condition. Purchased locally, 6 months old

Photos:

PLEASE READ