Sign in to follow this  
Arry74

Problem with sound Anthem 720

Don't know how to explain this but here goes.

I have an Anthem 720 together with 7.1 speakers plus a Panasonic TV plus just purchased an Apple 4K TV device.

Netflix via the TV and the Anthem the sound is awesome, and when I press the mode button it says it is playing in surround sound.

Netflix via the Apple 4K TV it says Dolby Atmos but the sound is no where as good. It stutters and sounds awful and you have to turn the volume up so much to get anywhere close to the same via Netflix on my TV.

Any ideas what this could be?

Cheers

Is the Apple TV 4K connected to the Anthem (not direct to the TV)?

Try a different HDMI cable between the Apple and the Anthem, or use the Apple's cable test function.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Try a different HDMI cable between the Apple and the Anthem, or use the Apple's cable test function.

Connected straight to Anthem via brand new Monoprice cable out of the packet.

Apple cable text says is ok.

2 minutes ago, Arry74 said:

Have you switching the Apple off at the wall to reboot it (i.e. not just powering it down to standby)?

Which HDMI input are you connected to on the Anthem?

49 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have you switching the Apple off at the wall to reboot it (i.e. not just powering it down to standby)?

Havent switched it off at the wall.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

31 minutes ago, thathifiguy said:

Which HDMI input are you connected to on the Anthem?

Input 2. Should I use HDMI ARC for audio or HDMI 2 ie input 2?

1 minute ago, Arry74 said:

Havent switched it off at the wall.

Try that next - often a reboot is all it takes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EasterlyDrake13
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Chatswood State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Used but like new Apple iPad mini Wi-Fi 16GB Slate colour (1st generation) in original box and brand new accessories (charger + lightning cable). Some minor scratch marks near the headphone jack (see last picture for close-ups), more details and specs on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_Mini_(1st_generation) . Selling because upgraded to the latest 5th generation model.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By dheck
      Item: Paradigm Perfect Bass Kit or Anthem Room Correction ARC1M
      Price Range: Less than new.
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: 
      I'm looking for the calibration mic to use with PBK and ARC Genesis with a Paradigm Seismic 110.

Prefer local to Sydney.
    • By Nait
      Item Condition: Hardly Used, Perfect Condition inside out Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Clayfield State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal Gift or +3% fee, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: I need only one laptop MacBook Pro
      13-inch | Space Gray | 512GB SSD | Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
      2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 | 16GB RAM | 2016 Model

Hardly used work laptop PERFECT CONDITION inside out NEW Battery and Retina Display See photos for your reference Local Pickup Shipping could be considered  
      Send me message should you have any inquiry.

• By sum1
      Item Condition: Brand New in Box Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Beverly Hills 2209 State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, Paypal with fees on the buyer unless sent as a personal payment Reason for selling: Android phone Further information:
      Now i know what you are thinking. What's an Apple product doing here

Got this item as part of a lucky draw.  Brand New Item in sealed condition.
      Thinking of using it for my Android phone but it seems that Android does not have a good AAC bluetooth support so got put off by it
      https://www.soundguys.com/dont-use-airpods-android-20767/

Postage will be at your cost. Let me know of your postcode so i can give a quote from Auspost.
      I will re-use the postage box that comes direct from Apple so it should be transported in a safe condition.

Since the item was purchased direct from Apple you will get the warranty directly from them.
      The following info below is a copy and paste from Apple warranty page.  Warranty and technical support info below
      Eligible for an AppleCare product
      Purchase an AppleCare product to get additional repair coverage and technical support.
      Valid Purchase Date
      A validated purchase date lets Apple quickly find your product and provide the help you need.
      Telephone Technical Support: Active
      Your product is eligible for complimentary telephone technical support.
      Estimated Expiration Date: September 27, 2020
      Repairs and Service Coverage: Active
      Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple’s Limited Warranty.
      Estimated Expiration Date: June 28, 2021

Photos:

• By gwavz
      Item: Anthem AVM 60 Processor
      Price Range: $2000-$3000
      Item Condition: Used
      Extra Info:
      Upgrade time and need a processor to go along with a WTB Power Amp please! Would consider other receivers/processors. Balanced output desired, but not essential