FS: Melos Plus Series Phono Preamplifier

Item:  Melos Plus Series Phono Preamplifier
Price: $750 or ono
Item Condition: Very Good
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

This Melos phono preamplifier was purchased when I was living in the UK.  It is an export 240 volts version.  It was used in a second system. It can accommodate both an MM and MC cartridges.  It was checked and serviced at Kimil Electronics last year.  This phono stage uses 2 6922 valves and I will include spare valves which should keep this unit running for a while.  This was used with an Ortofon MC70 and Rohmann so plenty of gain for low output MCs.  It was used with an Audio Note IQ3 through its MM outputs with an Rega RP10. It has a separate power supply as seen in the last picture.  I don't have the original packing so pick up only at this stage and I can also demo it in my main system.

Pictures:

P1000460.JPG

P1000461.JPG

P1000462.JPG

P1000463.JPG

P1000464.JPG

P1000465.JPG

P1000467.JPG

I have a Melos MA-333 RP (Reference Phono): which is a two box version of this phono stage. It is an exceptional phono stage.

I can recommend this to those looking for a quality valve phono stage. You won’t buy anything else that is anywhere near this quality for the money.

Edited by Telecine

2 hours ago, Mat-with-one-t said:

Silly question, but what is the second set of outputs for?

The output one is for the MC and the second output is for MM. I used output 1 for the Ortofons and output 2 for the Audio Note IQ3. Cheers

• Like 1